The Jewish Ghetto and the vibrant Cannaregio district food tour
Did you know that the Jewish ghetto of Venice is the first one in Europe and even the word "ghetto" comes from the Venetian dialect?
There are many stories of this less-known part of the city, where still nowadays a small Jewish community does exist.
You will have the possibility to learn all about that in a curious tour, guided by a local and licensed tour guide, who will tell many stories and anecdotes about Venice.
The tour includes one stop to taste some kosher sweets at the Jewish ghetto, and 2 more stops in the quiet neighborhood of Cannaregio, where the Jewish ghetto is located, to be introduced to the venetian ritual of wine and appetizers the so-called "ombre" and "cicchetti".
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Calle Ghetto Vecchio, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
I'll show you where was located the gate of the Ghetto that was closed during the night. I'll introduce you t the history of the ghetto eating in 2 kosher food eateries
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Campo del Ghetto, 30121 Venice Italy
Here I will show you the oldest part of the Ghetto and the memorial plaque to Venice's Holocaust victims
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fondamenta Misericordia, 30121 Venice Italy
Let's explore the vibrant Cannaregio district, tasting wine and 'cicchetti' in a typical venetian 'bacaro'
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Campo San Geremia, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Campo Santi Apostoli, Campo S.S. Apostoli, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.