The King's Levada - Levada do Rei
The first part of the trail crosses a forested area where some specimens of indigenous vegetation are found here and there. This initial leg of the trail presents travellers with beautiful panoramic views of the São Jorge and Santana farmlands. After the midway point of the trail, the levada that winds from the interior of the island along the mountain slopes passes through a spectacular area of native forest which is well developed and rich in natural biodiversity.
The path ends at Ribeiro Bonito, where you are aware of feeling you are in a true sanctuary of nature. This is one of the areas of the Laurisilva forest - World Nature Heritage of UNESCO since 1999, where the genuinely Madeiran vegetation reaches its highest expression and its location and isolation leave one with the sensation of having gone back in time to the discovery of the island.
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Levada Do Rei, Sao Jorge, Madeira Portugal
The trail that follows alongside the Levada do Rei begins at the Water Treatment Plant at Quebradas in São Jorge, ending at the source of the levada in the spectacular Ribeiro Bonito stream.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Monumental Experience, Estrada Monumental 284, 9000-096 Funchal, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
We have two meeting points in the center of Funchal City. One is by the cable car station located in the old town. The other is located in the roundabout so-called "Rotunda do Infante".
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for travelers and driver/guide inside the bus.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.