The last day of Pompeii private tour
A long time ago Pompeii was a successful port town. But in one day its fate was closed when the eruption of Vesuvius happened in 7.9 A.D. In our days Pompeii is a UNESCO World Heritage site, one of the most visited sites in Italy and one of the most visited archaeological sites in all the world. The ruins of Pompeii cover about 44 square hectares.
The guide will pick you up from your cruise ship or hotel and you will have a 23 km drive to Pompei.
You will have a walk through the ruins of Pompeii with your guide exploring the unique ancient city.
After that, you will visit the Western part of the town where you will see the Marina Gate, the Basilica, the Forum, etc.
At the end of the tour thу driver will take you back.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional licensed guide
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- Entrance tickets
- All fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Forum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Pompeii, Italian Pompei, preserved ancient Roman city in Campania, Italy, 14 miles (23 km) southeast of Naples, at the southeastern base of Mount Vesuvius. It was built on a spur formed by a prehistoric lava flow to the north of the mouth of the Sarnus (modern Sarno) River.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica, Vicolo Delle Terme 2, 80045 Pompeii Italy
The Basilica, with its extension of 1,500 square metres, was the most sumptuous building of the Forum, and its space was used to carry out business and for the administration of justice. It is accessed from the Forum through five entrances separated by tuff pillars; inside it is divided into three naves with two rows of brick columns with Ionic capitals. A richly decorated suggestum, where judges sat while judicial affairs were managed, is located at the centre of the short western side. The space was enhanced with an equestrian statue, whereas the walls are richly decorated with stucco like large blocks of marble. The Basilica is dated back to 130-120 BC and is one of the oldest examples of this type of building in the entire Roman world. It was excavated since the 19th century, when investigations in the Forum square area began.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Forum, Via Villa dei Misteri, 80045 Pompeii Italy
Ruins of temples, municipal buildings & the basilica in the social & civic center of the Roman town.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Porta Marina, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
This gate provides access to the west of the city and it is the most impressive among the seven gates of Pompeii. The name derives from the fact that the exit road led to the sea. The layout with a barrel vault made of concrete, that is a mixture of mortar and stones, dates back to the Silla colony (80 BC). The gate has two fornix, the main one being higher, intended for the passage of horses and pack animals; the smaller one, intended for pedestrian passage. The city wall that can be seen today, already in place in the 6th century BC, is over 3200 m long: it consists of a double wall with a walkway, protected inside by an embankment. Twelve towers, more on the north side where the flat terrain made Pompeii more vulnerable, guaranteed defense. The definitive entrance of the city within the Roman orbit decreased the importance of the walls, sometimes re-used and destroyed to make the place to homes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port Authority of Naples, Piazzale Molo Carlo Pisacane, 1, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.