The Liberty Floating Museum
We will visit the SS Hellas Liberty ship, a remarkable floating maritime museum in the Piraeus harbour. Only three examples remain in the world! A lot of work has been put in restoring it to its original form. We will visit all the accessible areas inside and outside of the ship in what will be a memorable experience for everybody interested in naval history, world war II, the history of the shipping industry, and anyone interested in transportation museums. A once in a lifetime visit. Take lots of pictures!
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - After leaving the ship, we will get to our car, and drive to a nearby cafe where tea or coffee will be served. No extra charge
- Private transportation
- Complimentary pick up for most central Athens hotels and other areas. Call us to see if you qualify
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Athens, Greece
The SS HELLAS LIBERTY is one of the three remaining Liberty type ships in the world. This particular example is immaculately restored and docked in the Piraeus harbour. It is a unique maritime museum worth visiting if you happen to be in Greece.
We will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the Piraeus port. We will reach the exact point where the Liberty ship is docked.
Upon reaching the place, we will walk for about 20 metres until we reach the ship's accommodation ladder.
This is where our journey to naval history begins. Inside the ship, we will visit the bridge, where the commanding station is, the officer's quarters and cabins. In the lower decks, we will visit the ship's kitchen, salons, recreation rooms. Further lower, where we will observe the cargo holds and a unique museum area with naval exhibits of accessories and equipment that used to be in Liberty ships. A lot of information about the history of the ship type as well as the evolution of the Greek shipping industry is displayed in a very organised manner. During our walking within the ship I will be discussing the various areas we visit. We will also spend time at the ship's decks from bow to stern
After leaving the ship, we will get to our car, and drive to a nearby cafe where tea or coffee will be served. No extra charge
I will then return you to your hotel
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Philellēnōn, Athens 105 57, Greece
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- People who are not moderately fit might finf it difficult to climb the accomodation ladder
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.