The Magical Highland Tour Including the Jacobite Steam Train Journey
The Scottish Highlands provided the perfect filming locations through the movie series and now fans have the opportunity to see some of those magical sites around Scotland with a day tour from Edinburgh.
An early morning coach departure from The Elephant House on 21 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh. You will travel North West directly for Fort William to meet the Jacobite Steam Train affectionately known to us all as the Hogwarts Express. Your early morning journey will take you past some of the key filming locations used in all 8 of the movies.
per adult from
13 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Jacobite Steam Train, single journey (return by coach)
- Knowledgeable tour manager on board.
- Small packed breakfast will be provided. (we regret that we cannot cater to individual dietary requirements)
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop off service
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort William, Fort William, Lochaber, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
Disembark our coach at Fort William and board the Jacobite Steam Train to Mallaig.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Kinloch Rannoch, Kinloch Rannoch, Perth and Kinross, Scotland
Our guide will show you as we pass many locations used in the filming of the Harry Potter movies.
Pass By: Glenfinnan Viaduct, Glenfinnan Lodge A830 Rd, Glenfinnan PH37 4LT Scotland
The train will take you over this magnificent viaduct. A truly unique view crossing this iconic set from several Harry Potter movies.
Stop At: Mallaig, Mallaig, Lochaber, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
The lunch stop is in this sleepy port, then onto Glenfinnan Visitor Centre for an excellent chance to photograph the steam train returning across the viaduct.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Pitlochry, Pitlochry, Perth and Kinross, Scotland
A brief 'leg-stretcher' stop in this lovely Victorian resort town.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :The Elephant House, 21 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EN, UK
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be 6 years of age to travel
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.