The Menetes-Kouri Walk by Art and Walk
Every week Art and Walk takes the bus up to the steep slope of Menetes to show you the streets of Menetes by foot. Get to know the spirit of this mountain village that was built in the middle ages when pirates ruled the sea around Karpathos.
After seeing Menetes the guide walks with you back to Pigadia through the area of Kouri.
per adult from
What's included :
- Walking stick (on request)
- Public bus ride from Pigadia to Menetes
- Coffee and/or Tea - Brought by the guide
What's excluded :
- A beverage at the coffee shop in Menetes
Meet your guide at the bus-station of Pigadia at 09:00am. We take the bus up to Menetes at 09:15am. After a bus ride of 15 minutes we reach the pirate village of the south where we start our Menetes-Kouri Walk.
Starting in the main street of Menetes we head straight for the biggest church in town. A magnificent view over Pigadia awaits us, but even more importantly a beautiful view over the colorful streets of Menetes. We leave the church behind us for a stop at a local coffee shop. Take a coffee if you like or simply enjoy the ambiance at this cozy little place so hidden in those tiny streets. Get to know the spirit of this mountain village that was built in the middle ages when pirates ruled the sea around Karpathos. We explore the streets a bit more and take a right turn for the local bakery. The best bakery of Karpathos if you'd ask us!
Once we leave the streets of Menetes we head towards the Kouri area just below the village. You can see how the village is located on top of a steep hill and hear the stories about the pirates. We visit a little chapel and walk into the rural area to get closer to Pigadia again around 1pm.
Height difference: +350 m /0 m.
Departure Point :Bus Station, Karpathos 857 00, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.