The Mission District: San Francisco's Hip Melting Pot
To experience the diversity and creativity of San Francisco through the eyes of a local, there’s no better neighbourhood to start in than The Mission. This colourful district is loud and proud about its eclectic roots, and you’ll see the locals passion for their heritage and neighbourhood everywhere from their artisanal food stops to their bold wall murals. It would be impossible to choose your favourite dish in The Mission, but your local will take you to food trucks, bakeries and taquerias where you can certainly try! And if the explosion of flavours and cuisines you’ll find here isn’t enough, you’ll also discover the history and personality of this neighbourhood through its renowned street art, which tells the story of The Mission and its locals in vibrant graffiti, painstakingly painted murals and riots of colour!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 4 hours with a Local Host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: 3221 16th St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
As the tour is private and personalised you could start off in a spot that contributed to the areas name. Misión San Francisco de Asís is an opulent, late 1700s church in an old Spanish style, with lush gardens & a unique, historic cemetery.
Pass By: Mission Dolores, Mission Dolores, San Francisco, California
From pan dulce in a Mexican bakery to the best tacos in the state at a beloved taqueria, as well as stopping by a famous food truck, your taste buds would swear you were in Mexico.
Pass By: Clarion Alley Murals, Clarion Alley What3words: ///royal.crown.stay, San Francisco, CA 94103
Stroll through the neighbourhood to get a feel for its spirited atmosphere and discover The Mission’s heritage through its street art - your local will take you to Clarion Alley
Pass By: Mission Dolores Park, Dolores Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
Locals of all ages gather at this outdoor hot spot for picnics & people-watching, not only is it perfect to snap those photos, but your host can provide some interesting details about the area.
Pass By: Balmy Alley Murals, Off 24th Street Parallel to Treat Ave and Harrison Street between 24th & 25th Streets., San Francisco, CA 94110
Balmy Avenue, whose murals date back over 30 years and bring to life the neighbourhood’s history. These expressive pieces of street art which adorn every free space along these streets share the area’s Latin American heritage as well as reveal more recent gentrification. As well as discovering incredible art, continue to eat your way around the neighbourhood and taste some of its Mexican favourites
Departure Point :San Francisco, CA, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the area. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/14/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.