The National Gallery of Art DC Guided Museum Tour - Private Tour
This 2 to 2.5 hour private guided museum tour will show you the world’s most iconic artists inside two extraordinary buildings. The National Gallery of Art in Washington DC is a world-class museum housing an incredible timeline of Western Art from the old masters of the Renaissance to the quintessential personalities of the 20th Century. Raphael, Rembrandt, Renoir, Picasso, and Rothko are just a handful of artist on view (as well as Vigee le Brun, Cassatt, and O’Keeffe).
Take excursion through the changes of history as told by magnificent works of art - money, power, war, hope, and triumph. From the intimacy of a da Vinci portrait to sweep of a Monet to the bold strokes of a Kandinsky, you will be dazzled by the vast holdings and the stories that accompany them. You’ll delight over familiar names and hidden gems while our passionate guides navigate you through notable highlights of technique and artwork from over the past seven centuries.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- Guided Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
What's excluded :
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Gallery of Art, Constitution Ave NW 6th Street and Constitution Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20002
Enter the National Gallery of Art and follow your guide through one of America’s best collections of artwork produced by Renaissance artists, French Impressionists, and great American painters. See works from Claude Monet, Raphael, Gilbert Stuart, and Edgar Degas, as well as more modern artists like Picasso, Pollock, Warhol, and O’Keefe, as you learn what’s really behind the creation of some of these pieces. Your private guide will lead the way through the halls of the museum, telling stories, and stopping at famous works of art. Some pieces you’ll see on this tour include “Ginevra de’Benci” by Leonardo da Vinci, “Self Portrait” by Vincent Van Gogh, and “Woman with a Parasol” by Claude Monet. Listen as your guide fills you in on the techniques behind some of the paintings, as well as some of the history and scandals that happened because of them. You’ll also learn about the museum’s building which took just 100 years to transition from a nearly hollow building to the home of the US’s best art collections.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Washington D.C., 600 Independence Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20560
The capital of the United States, the playground of politicians and presidents, is just as enticing for tourists who want to experience a slice of American history. Our English speaking guides organize private and small group tours to the city’s most important institutions, like the National Museum of American History and the Air and Space Museum. Rub elbows with senators as you stroll the historical monuments on the Mall and learn about the iconic figures buried at Arlington National Cemetery. At Babylon Tours, our engaging guides want to make it clear that D.C. isn’t just for the fat cats on Capitol Hill – it’s also yours to explore.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :National Gallery of Art, Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20565, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: National Gallery and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.