The National Gallery of London Guided Museum Tour - Private Tour
Explore a world-class art collection with our energetic guides during this 2 to 2.5-hour private guided museum tour of the National Gallery. We will discuss the museum’s most prominent paintings so that even first-time visitors can appreciate these iconic works
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- Guided Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
What's excluded :
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN England
Instead of browsing the National Gallery aimlessly, immerse yourself in the techniques and history behind some of the world’s most famous artists with a professional guide. You’ve heard of Van Gogh and da Vinci, but what do you really know about them? Learn about the painters behind the paintings. Browse your favorite works by other masters like Botticelli, Monet, Rembrandt, and Vermeer. If none of those names mean anything to you, that will change by the end of the tour.
The National Gallery houses paintings dating back to the 1300s all the way up through the 1900s, so there is no shortage of choice. Visit Jan van Eyck’s “The Arnolfini Portrait” or something more familiar like Van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” to understand the full scope of work on display. Learn essential information and history needed to appreciate the more than 2,300 paintings on display at one of the world’s most visited museums.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours London, 80 Cathcart Road, London SW10 9DJ England
Say “Cheerio” to the dusty, stodgy tours of yesteryear. At Babylon Tours, our London is fresh and engaging – the one that you probably want to experience. Join us on a private or small group tour through the National Gallery and the British Museum or hit the streets through a historic tour of the center and (maybe) catch a glimpse of Kate or the rest of the royal family. Our young, energetic guides at Babylon Tours will introduce you to London in the best way possible, from Big Ben to the street art of its multicultural East End.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross, London WC2N 5DN, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: National Gallery and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.