The Nordic Food Walk Stockholm
Eat your way around Stockholm on this 4-hour walking tour with a local guide! Explore Stockholm and Gamla Stan (Old Town), and learn about the evolution of Swedish cuisine, from the days when smoked reindeer and elk were everyday staples to its contemporary cuisine. Treat your tastebuds at the city’s oldest market, Östermalms Saluhall, and let them loose on ultra-rich hot chocolate, scrumptious seafood and your own 'fika' — Sweden’s favorite coffee and sweet treat combo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Food tastings and free samples
- Glass of water
- Glass of wine
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stockholm, Stockholm
Starting off in the Östermalm area, popularised by the rich and the famous, we introduce you to the traditions of Swedish food. From richly flavoured and exquisite cheeses to game meat. On top of that beer that is crowned “The Gold of The North”. You get a red-carpet like infusion into the world of Swedish delights at the high end Östermalms Market Hall.
Heading towards the heart of the city we will let you indulge in a traditional Swedish lunch. Along the way we will also introduce you to the crown jewel of our proud Nordic kitchen; the meatball! You will learn what types of potatoes to serve with it, why we have specific jams for it and other fun facts.
Moving on we will guide you through the beautiful Kings Garden. We will pass the the area that Vogue Magazine voted the “third coolest district in the world”. The tour will end in Old Town, an area that dates back to the 13th century and consists of medieval alleyways and architecture. Here we will treat you with some traditional candy and sweets.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Östermalmstorg, Stockholm, Sweden
Return Detail :Kindstugatan, Stockholm, Sweden
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please let us know while booking if you are a vegetarian of have food allergies. Once the tour has begun we cannot change the tastings.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.