The Original Eat as the Romans Do!
You won't find a more original (or filling) food walk in Rome! Your foodie guide is from Rome and she has chosen her absolute favorite snack spots! This tour criss-crosses Trastevere and continues in Rome's bustling historic center, introducing you to foods that are as distinctive by region as they are plentiful. Enjoy tastings of suppli, panzerotto (calzone), pasta, salumi and wine, pizza, ciambellina al vino, tiramisù, limoncello, coffee. With each tasting comes a pearl of Roman tradition! Join us and eat as the Romans do!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Go behind the scenes with a Roman-born absolutely local foodie guide!
- Get to see and taste areas of Rome which are ignored on other food tours
- Eat your way through Big Tastings in local Roman food spots!
- Fantastic rejuvenating experience after a day of touring and walking!
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
We begin in Trastevere, the "village" of Rome which lies right in the heart of the city. Popular with born and bred Romans, this is the real place to be seen out and about eating and drinking. We will show you the way!
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Piazza di Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Rome Italy
After eating your way through Trastevere and at two top food spots between there and Campo de' Fiori in the heart of historic Rome, enjoy three more amazing places to eat! Meats and tasty hot pastries on this famous piazza!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Via del governo Vecchio, Via Del Governo Vecchio, 00186 Rome Italy
Sweets are the treats on this lovely cobbled and colourful street which boasts some of the most beautiful houses in Rome! History is everywhere here and it's where your tour concludes with tiramisu tastings and a limoncello finale! Ciao!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Via del Governo Vecchio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive in need of good food and great company!
- Most travelers can participate
- Maximum 10 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We take the necessary post-coronavirus precautions on all our tours. This tour is checked several times daily for health and hygiene compliance and maintenance of secure operational standards.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.