The Original Sights and Secrets of London Black Taxi Tour
See and hear about London's Secret places, Ancient Sites and it's Hidden Treasures. These are the places that tourists never get to see. A very Secret London is waiting you and your family to discover and enjoy. Taking our family friendly fun packed tour will allow you to not only see the sights but also the hidden alleys, courtyards, buildings and places that time has forgotten. Want to see a special sight on your family fun tour, just ask your guide and we will make it happen.
We at Capital Taxi Tours Ltd believe that it is the little extra things that we do for our clients that make the difference between a GOOD tour and a PERFECT tour. This is why we always do that little bit more for you, to ensure the day is an extra special one to cherish and remember forever. We make everybody feel special. Remember our company motto.
"We Meet As Strangers and Part as Friends"
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Licensed London Taxi driver / Registered Tourist Guide
- Professional Guide: All our driver guides are either Blue Badge, City of London, City of Westminster or Clerkenwell & Islington Guides
- Live commentary on board
- Photo stops
- Refreshment stops
- water and biscuits
- Hotel pickup and drop-off anywhere in Central London
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- LONDON'S SECRETS - As the title says this is a family fun tour of seeing the Sights and Secrets of London and you will not be disappointed. During your tour you will visit buildings that are over 300 years old and we will take you inside so you can see the wonders of these historic places. Why not visit a pub that sells corpses, see a house with false windows, a Roman Bath, a 500 year old Banqueting Hall., Winston Churchill's cigar chair. Have a photograph standing under a 200 year old original gas lamp, visit a Dead house. Did we mention secret Alleyways. Roman Landmarks, an Execution Dock. Then there are the alleyways and courtyards that time has forgotten. Stand in the smallest square in London. See the entrance to secret passages and of course visit prison cells 900 years old. Actually walk on a Roman pavement. This list of places to see is endless. We would tell you more, but it's a secret! There is the option on the tour to visit inside certain landmarks and some do have a small entry fee.
We also said that you will see Hidden Treasures and unusual places not seen by many tourists! See and hear about many of London's Hidden Treasures, these are the places that tourists never get to see. We shall wander alleyways and hear the tales of murder and mystery. See the smallest house in London, the smallest square in town, wander by the site of Henry VIII's cow shed and tennis court. We have 300 year old shops to enter and once you know their history you may wish to purchase some of their stock. There are Hidden Tunnels, the oldest Church in London, Victorian Book shops, Visit a shop where you can see a river running under it. Did we mention secret alleyways. Visit a church that sold corpses and a dead body that still sits around a table at meetings. What about London smallest police station 10 foot wide for the kids to have a picture by the side or the tallest telephone box in the world. Feeling thirsty from all of this, well lets stop in the smallest pub in London, or better still have some water from the very first water fountain in London or see a 1000 year old well.Then there is our special medieval building, in the heart of London, that we have permission to take you inside to explore. (Not open weekends) Find out how a London underground train ended up on top of a building. See the site of the only animal that had a mini state funeral and is there really a state of a boy sitting on a loaf of bread in London. Remember, this is your tour so we will tailor make it to your wishes and complete the tour at your pace.This tour takes you to both the landmark sites of London and the unusual. There is a lot more to tell you about but we don't want to spoil the surprises. This tour can be done for 4 hours or as a Full 9 hour Day tour with up to 6 people
Departure Point :Any Central London Hotel or address within these postcodesCentrally located London accommodation (Zone1) A Central London Hotel or location is one with a post code (or zip code) of: E1, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, N1, SE1, SW1, SW3, SW7, W1, W2, W8, WC1, WC2.
Return Detail :Covent Garden or Central London Hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.