The Original Syrah Wine Tour - Morning - Small Group Tours from Lyon
Welcome to the Northern Rhone Valley, homeland ofthe legendary Syrah & Viognier grapes.
Only 25 min south of Lyon, discover one of the oldest and steepest vineyards in the France with terraces walls built under Roman times! Stop at two family wineries and wine-taste Cote Rotie, Condrieu & St Joseph appellations considered among the best Cotes du Rhone wines.
per adult from
What's included :
- High Comfort 8-seaters minibus with air-conditionning
- Guiding in English and French language.
- Expert guide in wine and Lyon region.
- Wine tasting included (11/12 wines)
What's excluded :
- Morning : Discover of the Northern Cotes du Rhone Vineyards
At 9:00 am, your 8-seater minibus leaves Place Bellecour in Lyon to the Northern Cotes du Rhone region. On the road, stop in Vienne to enjoy a spectacular view on the 2000 year’s old roman theatre and the stunning panorama on the Rhone Valley. With your guide, learn about the "terroir" & the different grapes characteristics of the Northern Cotes du Rhone region.
Then, cross Ampuis town, the world capital of Syrah and visit "Cote Rotie" vineyards literally "roasted hillside". Drive on the precipitous vertigo inducing terraced slopes of "Cote Brune" and "Cote Blonde" and appreciate the 30 to 60 degree angles hills bathed in sun facing the beautiful Rhône River.
Later drive through Condrieu, birth town of Viognier grape which produces the world famous white wine. The group will get to know its unique story, how this grape varietal almost died a few years ago.
Visit of 2 wineries: St Joseph, Cote Rotie and Condrieu Wine-tasting
Then, push the door of a first family winery and enjoy a private winery tour: learn some secrets about the unique Rhone wine-making savoir-faire and the art of barrel aging.
Then, taste 5 different Cotes du Rhone wines among them, some Condrieu, St Joseph or/and Cote Rotie appellations.
Finally, stop at a second winery to delight yourself with another 5 beautiful Rhone wines: take time to enjoy the intense aromatic Viognier and the quasi absolute perfection of Syrah grape of the Northern Cotes du Rhone in their original terroir.
At 1:30 pm, we will drop you off in Lyon Bellecour Square.
For Syrah & Viognier wine lovers!
Departure Point :Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de la Métropole de Lyon, Place Bellecour, 69002 Lyon, France
Departure Time :9:00 am - 1:30 pm The Meeting Point for Tour departure is the building of Lyon Office de Tourisme located on Bellecour Square (50 metres in front of Le Royal Hotel). Customers must join the Meeting Point 10 minutes before tour departure. To access Bellecour Square, you can take Metro Line A or D - Station Place Bellecour or a Bus.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.