The Panama Canal: Trek & Cruise Tour
The best place to experience The Panama Canal is in the former U.S. Canal Zone town of Gamboa, where The Chagres River meets Gatun Lake in Soberania National Park. Here you will enjoy one of the most famous wildlife viewing and bird watching trails in the world, The Pipeline Road, where the world record for the most bird species seen in a 24 hour period was set 11 years in a row.
This tour consists of a trek through the tropical rainforest with a knowledgeable guide, and among capuchin and howler monkeys, toucans and sloths, you will learn about Panama's history and culture.
But better than this, you will also cruise on an outboard engine boat next to ships that transit through the isthmus. You'll understand the ecology and history behind The Panama Canal and Gatun lake. We'll cruise the side channels of the canal, the biodiverse area of The Monkey Islands, where we're likely to see more monkeys, crocodiles and exotic birds.
Drop-offs 1:30 pm
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Snacks - Snacks (Granola & Chips)
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Soberanía
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional Soberanía, Panama
This half day tour starts with 5:30 am pick-ups. The adventure begins with a picnic breakfast and a TREK in the most famous trail in Soberanía National Park: The Pipeline Road where the world record for the most bird species seen in a 24 hour period was set by The Audubon Society (386 species), plus registered sightings of most of the mammals you can expect to see in Panama
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lake Gatun, Lake Gatun, Colon Province
Saving the best for last, we’ll CRUISE in the main channel of The Panama Canal (Gatun Lake, the largest artificial lake in the world up until 1937.) next to vessels transiting the isthmus and through side channels that access to incredible areas that hold a diverse amount of wildlife as well (The Monkey Islands).
This tour is the combination of the two elements which make up the essence of this engineering marvel and this beautiful country: History & Ecology. The best way to appreciate this is with an exciting adventure trekking and cruising in The Panama Canal.
Drop-offs 1:30 pm approx.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-Ups start at 5:30 am and exact pick-up time will be coordinated with clients.Pick-ups from centrally located Panama City hotels in the following areas:El CangrejoObarrioPunta PacificaSan FranciscoPunta PaitillaAvenida BalboaBella VistaCasco AntiguoMarbellaFinancial DistrictEl DoradoBethania
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.