The Pearl District Sampler
Carved out of an old warehouse district in the 90s this neighborhood highlights the best that the city has to offer. With a wide variety of architecture, coffee shops, trendy restaurants and some of the best breweries in the world, this walk makes it easy to see what makes Portland so great.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Get a taste of the neighborhood that put Portland on the map, the famous Pearl District. Carved out of a gritty warehouse district in the 90s this area highlights the best that the city has to offer. With a wide variety of architecture, coffee shops, trendy restaurants and some of the best breweries in the world.
As we zigzag our way through the neighborhood we'll get to admire the preserved railroad warehouses and see whole city blocks that have been become lush city parks over the years. Along the way you'll discover the unexpected and exciting things that are always happening in this vibrant part of town and get context about the stores, restaurants, breweries and history along the way.
Starting at the famous Powell's Books we'll leisurely make our way over to the North Park Blocks. From there we'll wind our way past a number of historic and significant buildings that now constitute the heart of the neighborhood. We'll spend time at three different visions of urban parks: Jamison Square, Tanner Springs Park and The Fields park. Finally we'll make our way back along historic 13th Avenue and end a few blocks near where we started.
Departure Point :Traffic island across from Powell's Books
Return Detail :Tour ends right around the corner from where you start
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- About 2 miles of walking. Portland weather is unpredictable, rain is always possible and this neighborhood does not provide much cover from the elements. Many businesses only accept cash. Suggested items to bring: comfortable shoes, bottle of water, camera.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.