The Portland Insider: Bridges and Waterfront
An up-close and personal introduction to the mighty Willamette River cutting through the center of the city. You'll get right up to the water's edge and cross the historic Steel and Burnside Bridges that offer panoramic views of Old Town and the West Hills.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- We'll wander alongside the beautiful Willamette River, the living heart of the city. While most visitors to the river stick close to Old Town, you'll loop the entire waterfront, showing you firsthand how the beautiful riverside setting lead to the original settlements for the city and how the bridges tie it together. You'll leave with a greater understanding for this natural wonder and see the city in a way that most visitors miss.
We'll start with an up-close view of the Steel Bridge, the only bridge of it's kind in the world, and see incredible views of the downtown skyline framed against the water. From there you'll get right down to the river's waterline on the Vera Katz Esplanade to see this vibrant waterway up close. Finally I'll bring you to the literal nexus of the city on the Burnside Bridge, providing eye-popping views of the most daring architecture in town as well as the iconic Portland White Stag Sign.
Along the way I'll provide context and information about the history of the city, the construction of the bridges and show you how the urban landscape works with the natural world of the river.
Departure Point :Floyd's Coffee Shop – Old Town
Return Detail :Tour ends near the Pine Street Market, about 4 blocks from the starting location.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- About 2 miles of walking. Portland weather is unpredictable, rain is always possible and this neighborhood does not provide much cover from the elements. Many businesses only accept cash. Suggested items to bring: comfortable shoes, bottle of water, camera.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.