The Premier Bilbao Food & Wine Walking Tour
Come discover a beautiful city and the amazing Basque cuisine on our 3-hour ‘pintxos’ (Basque tapas) tour of Bilbao. Experience the 700 year old streets of the Old Town with a professional local guide who is an expert in the Bilbao culinary scene. We will visit 5 bars and sample pintxo styles ranging from traditional to modern. Your guide will pair each tasting with an excellent wine that compliments the pintxo. Wines that we recommend include red wine from La Rioja, Txakoli (a lightly sparkling white wine from the Basque Coast), and more!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide from Bilbao.
- 1-2 pintxos at 5 different bars.
- 5 drinks (options include red wine, white wine, beer, water, and cider)
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- -We will do as the Basques do! A bar hopping tour of the old part of Bilbao with a local born and raised in Bilbao. This unique gastronomic experience is an absolute must when visiting the Basque Country!
-A pintxo is the Basque version of the Spanish tapa accompanied with typical drink (usually wine or a small beer!). The Basque people demonstrate their love of gastronomy with these tasty little gourmet bar snacks that are found throughout the city.
-The pintxos can be very elaborate or quite simple, and there is something for every taste! We will also be sampling some great wines along the way!
-We know the best bars in the city! There are many mentioned online, but you are sure to experience some of the best lesser known local establishments on a Bilbao pintxo tour! We know the best pintxos to order in each bar!
-We will also take you on a private guided tour of the Casco Viejo or Old Part of Bilbao which dates back to the 1300s.
-In between stops at the bars we will point out sites such as the Santiago Cathedral, San Anton Church, the Ribera Market, etc...
Departure Point :San Nikolas eliza, San Nikolas Plazatxoa, s/n, 48006 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Tour can be adapted to meet food preferences and dietary requirements (vegetarians, food allergies, etc)
- Not recommended for vegans
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.