The prestigious world of Barolo with Sommelier
A whole day designed for lovers of good wine who want to understand how this product is born and turns into a real masterpiece of the land of the Langa. The cellar sommelier will guide you on this fascinating and far from obvious journey
per adult from
What's included :
- Brunch - Light lunch accompanied by the Brut Ascheri classic method and Langhe Nebbiolo
- Alcoholic Beverages - Tasting of 4 different CRU Barolo: Pisapola, Sorano, Coste & Bricco di Sorano and Ascheri
- Lesson among the vineyards on history, cultivation techniques and characteristics of the territory
- Constant presence of a sommelier
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- An unforgettable full day experience for lovers of fine wines. With professionalism and relaxation you will be guided from the vineyard to the bottle to discover the King of the flower wines, the flagship of the Ascheri cellars. In the morning you start by discovering the cultivation techniques, then take a break for a light lunch and continue in the Bra cellar. With the visit, expect a complete excursus between the steps from grape to must, a technical description on red winemaking, maturation and aging and finally on the choice and use of barrels and woods.
After the theory we move on to the practice with the tasting followed by the cellar sommelier. Topics such as the conservation of the bottle, how to open it and the correct serving temperature, which is the most suitable glass and the technique of tasting will be addressed.
The main wines will be the highly prized CRU: Pisapola, Sorano, Coste & Bricco di Sorano and Ascheri. The training day ends with a nice challenge to recognize the different wines.
• Cold dishes based on local cold cuts and cheeses - the dishes are accompanied by a fresh classic method Brut Ascheri and a good Langhe Nebbiolo
Departure Point :12050 Serralunga d'Alba CN, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for children
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.