The Real Florida Manatee Adventure
Get ready for a slam packed fun filled day on this Real Florida Adventure. Start your morning with breakfast and an educational overview as you depart to Crystal River. Upon arrival you’ll gear up and board your boat for your manatee swim and snorkel. Learn all about the West Indian manatee from your Captain before diving into the crystal-clear water to snorkel with these gentle giants. Don’t forget those underwater cameras! After your swim it’s off to Homosassa Springs State Park for lunch and a leisurely stroll around one of Florida’s best kept secrets. Before heading back to Orlando, enjoy a pit stop to ride an exhilarating airboat ride on the Withlacoochee River. Hold onto your hats cause this need for speed thrill ride is the perfect way to end the day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Admission into Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park
- Airboat ride on the Withlacoochee River
- Roundtrip Transportation from International Drive, Disney and Kissimmee areas
- Professional and Certified Tour Guide
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Complimentary Mask and Snorkel
- All taxes and fees
- Entry/Admission - Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park
What's excluded :
- Mandatory $10 wetsuit rental fee for any swimmers
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Crystal River, Crystal River, Florida
You’ve come all the way to Florida, so it makes sense to actually see as much of it as possible, and no other tour provides such a wide-ranging, in-depth experience as this tour.
This action-packed day starts with an inclusive breakfast and a full overview of your day as you head out to the beautiful Crystal River area on the Gulf coast, 80 miles north-west of Orlando. This is the Manatee Capital of the World, and the only place in America where it is legal to swim with manatees, in their natural habitat.
It's also home to stunning natural springs and loads of wildlife. You’ll meet an essential part of it as you gear up for the signature Manatee Snorkel under the supervision of a Coast Guard Certified Captain*. You will learn all about the unique West Indian manatee – and then get to see some of them, up close and personal in the crystal-clear waters!
* NB: any person wishing to do the manatee swim must hire a wetsuit prior to boat departure. Snorkel equipment is provided free.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, 4150 S Suncoast Blvd, Homosassa Springs, FL 34446-1168
You'll then head off to 210-acre Homosassa Springs State Park, a genuine hidden gem of Florida nature, where there is plenty of local wildlife to see and hear about, including the endangered Florida panther, black bears, red wolves, bobcats and alligators, as well as a profusion of birdlife, notably whooping cranes and flamingos.
Also here is the unique sight of Nature’s Fish Bowl, an underwater observatory built over the mouth of the main spring where a huge number of fish hang out, while the Park has its own manatee rehabilitation program to provide another exciting glimpse of these rare sea mammals. Lunch is included here.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Withlacoochee River, Florida, USA
Finally, the day will conclude with an exciting airboat ride on the Withlacoochee River, another natural haven where you can see more wildlife in its natural habitat and enjoy the thrill of skimming the water at up to 45mph in these exhilarating, flat-bottomed craft.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Margaritaville Resort Orlando, 8000 Fins Up Cir, Kissimmee, FL 34747, USA
2: UNO Pizzeria & Grill, 12553 FL-535, Orlando, FL 32836, USA
3: ICON Park, 8375 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.