The Real Split Food Tour
This is authentic Croatian gastronomic and panoramic experience with expert guides! On this tour you will also learn a lot about history of this region by visiting one of the most fascinating forts in Croatia - fortress of Klis. With panoramic views across the valley and Split city beneath, imposing fort of Klis has protected the seat of many a Croatian King. Today, it’s a tranquil but spectacular place and featured in a number of Game of Thrones episodes.
We enjoy lunch at OPG Plazibat, a traditional Croatian meal made of meat and vegetables, slow cooked under a cast iron bell and covered with coals – delicious…) The house holds a secret – a beautiful looking restaurant hidden in the cellar of a family house with all the food made and grown on their own premises. The family owns livestock, donkeys, chicken and grow all the fruits and vegetables necessary for themselves and their guests. Pescatarian and vegetarian options are available and all common food allergies are catered for.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Klis Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Stella Croatica
- Entry/Admission - OPG Plazibat
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Green Market, ul. Stari Pazar, Split 21000 Croatia
We enjoy a short historical walk through the palace area and the fish market and the green vegetable market – we taste soparnik (a Swiss chard filled pastry) and typical dalmatian deserts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Klis Fortress, 57 Megdan, Klis, Split 21231 Croatia
Suitably fortified, we head to Klis fortress. With panoramic views across the valley and Split city beneath, this imposing fort has protected the seat of many a Croatian King. Today, it’s a tranquil but spectacular place and featured in a number of Game of Thrones episodes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stella Croatica, Most Mihovilovici 21A,, Split 21000 Croatia
We drive to Stella Croatica. You will enjoy a guided tour and presentation of all the products they make – from herbs, fruits to the many varieties of the vegetables of Dalmatia. This of course includes olive oil and wine, the key ingredients for life in Dalmatia, which we will present through olive oil and wine tastings with the help of local experts at Stella Craotica.
The fare includes some traditional Dalmatian snacks such as prosciutto and cheese. You will visit an olive oil museum, a botanical garden with Croatian endemic species and witness the production of many Croatian foods which are sold more widely from Stella Croatica. The souvenir shop provides a great opportunity to buy and taste the many products produced at Stella Croatica.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: OPG Plazibat, 21204, Dugopolje, Croatia
We enjoy lunch at OPG Plazibat, a traditional meal that includes a vegetable or chicken soup, a veal peka (a traditional Croatian meal made of meat and vegetables, slow cooked under a cast iron bell and covered with coals – delicious…), prosciutto (local cured ham), cheese, ustipak (deep fried savoury dough that is traditionally eaten with prosciutto and cheese in the hinterlands of Split), and homemade pancakes, everything accompanied by homemade bread and some wonderful local homemade wine.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Ul. Čulića dvori 6, 21000, Split, Croatia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.