The Retro Period
This is a real time travel. We show you the city’s retro hot spots and the underground, a product of the “great Soviet Union”, which connects them. You will experience the link between the “best trainers of socialism” and the red star of the pub counter. A world where phone was a luxury products and took decades to get one. Culture: work of arts categoriesd as “accepted, tolerated and forbidden”. The Pest folk were sitting in the “Presszó”- the Café of the time- and were drinking “simple” or “double” coffee… It would be a shame to miss!
Stories about the everyday life or " the way we used to live back then"...
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Tours fee
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Melypont presszo, Magyar u. 23., Budapest 1053 Hungary
Once upon a time there were the 1960s, 70s and 80s. Socialism, “the happiest barrack”, party congresses, politics, the victorious working class and “Stalin Baroque”. At the same time there was a parallel world – bakelite records, mini skirts, neon advertising, soda-water, the new Bauhaus – in other words, Budapest retro
Departure Point :Budapest, Ferenciek tere 9, 1053 Hungary
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.