The Rocks Sightseeing Tour
As one of Australia’s oldest neighbourhoods, The Rock boasts plenty of historic magnificence and on this tour we guarantee that you won’t be disappointed by the clandestine ruins beneath the now trendy streets. Historically the area had a reputation as a slum on the arriving convicts’ side of town. Often frequented by visiting sailors and prostitutes, the contrast to todays trendy vibe is sharp as the cobbled streets are lined with boutique stores and quaint cafés.
The Rocks historic area was once home to the Gadigal aboriginal people and later became the country's first site of European settlement. There is therefore so much vibrant history to discover in this neighbourhood and we will introduce you to it all. Among the many things you will explore on this tour is Fortune of War, Sydney’s oldest pub, and the haunted Susannah Place, where the ghost of a little convict girl is rumoured to roam at dusk.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Rocks, The Rocks, New South Wales
The Rocks is among Sydney’s most vibrant tourist precincts, fusing quaint cobblestoned laneways and centuries-old colonial history with some of the city’s top modern eateries and best boutiques, bars and cafés. This tour will take you on a joyful exploration of The Rocks, introducing you to the top things to see and do in the most historic patch of the Harbour City.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, 140 George St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.