The Royal Palace of Caserta: Guided Tour with your Art Historian
Charles III of Bourbon, king of Naples from 1734, decided to move the royal residence a few kilometers north of Naples. The architect Luigi Vanvitelli was in charge of the design of the royal palace, creating the biggest royal palace of the world, a jewel set in a garden that takes the form of a violin. Even today, it remains one of the most amazing places in Italy: it feels immediately projected into a timeless era, surrounded by wealth and art. Covering 5 floors, the palace boasts no less than 1200 rooms of increasing grandeur. The great monumental staircase, the Palatine Chapel, the Court Theatre, the Throne Room: you will be dazzled by the astonishment of the beauty of everything around you. The gardens retain the same beauty over the years: great fountains and waterfalls accompany green and geometric meadows, which often arise small hidden and enchanted little gardens. The Royal Palace ad its Park were designed UNESCO World Heritage since 1997, but they never stopped astounding.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour with an art historian and licensed guide.
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Reggia di Caserta
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Reggia di Caserta, Viale Douhet Reggia 2/A, 81100, Caserta Italy
Skip the long lines to the world’s largest regal residence - the Royal Palace of Caserta, in the north of Naples. Stroll around the former residence and formal gardens of the Bourbon kings, built in an elaborate Baroque style during the 18th century.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Royal Palace of Caserta, Piazza Carlo di Borbone, 81100 Caserta CE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.