The Sephardic Heritage in Oporto - Private Tour
At Go Travel Everywhere, we bet on a quality service, punctual and personalized, in order to guarantee the satisfaction of those who choose us. Our drivers, and guides, are committed professionals who stand out for their attention and care.
It is impossible to address the Hebrew presence in Portugal, which was established between the 5th and 15th centuries, without referring to its history in Oporto, a city that, in different ways, represented a bastion of hope for the Jewish community. Its legacy is reflected in the collective spirit of the “Portuenses” (people from Oporto) and the material traces that have survived to this day!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off at the Accommodation
What's excluded :
- Entries in Monuments
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
This Tour lasts approximately 4 hours and is scheduled to depart at 09:00 from your Hotel. Your certified driver and guide will accompany you to the main points where there are still some Jewish altars, sharing with you important stories and curiosities about this community. The city's Jewish Quarter was located in the heart of Oporto, which, in the twelfth century, pulsated by the Cathedral, in the area currently bordered by the ruins of the Monchique Convent, the Clérigos Tower, the Cathedral, the Customs House and the Ribeira square and tunnel, places you will have the opportunity to visit and explore. The Tour will end at the Kadoorie Mekor Haim Synagogue, the largest synagogue on the Iberian Peninsula, built with Jewish donations from around the world, and the current headquarters of the Israeli Community of Oporto!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is carried out at the your Accommodation, being it located in the center of Oporto, or in a place previously defined.Whenever you book a Tour with us, we will ask for the address of the Accommodation where you're staying so that we can organize the experience.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.