The Silver Circle and Glacier visit
On the silver circle tour, you will witness some of the most beautiful places in the western part of Iceland, including hot springs, waterfalls and glacial vistas.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only) please contact us for your pick up location in down town Reykjavik
- Super Jeep
- children's seats if needed
- Entry/Admission - Hraunfossar
- Entry/Admission - Langjokull Glacier
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hraunfossar, Road 518, Husafell 311 Iceland
Hraunfossar is a series of waterfalls formed by rivulets streaming over a distance of about 900 metres out of the Hallmundarhraun, a lava field which flowed from an eruption of one of the volcanoes lying under the glacier Langjökul. Hraun means lava and fossar mean waterfalls, so the name basically means Lava Waterfalls.The water originates from Langjökull glacier, the second-largest glacier in Iceland, therefore, making it the twin brother to the powerful Gullfoss waterfall. The glacial meltwater has to travel quite a long distance to Hallmundarhraun filtering through the lava field and spouting out again in an incredible water array.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Langjokull Glacier, Iceland
Langjökull is the second largest ice cap in Iceland, after Vatnajökull. It is situated in the west of the Icelandic interior or Highlands of Iceland and can be seen clearly from Haukadalur. Its volume is 195 km³ and the ice is up to 580 m thick. The highest point of the ice cap is about 1,450 m above sea level. At least two volcanic systems can be found under Langjökull glacier but have been dormant for thousands of years
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Husafell, Husafell, West Region
Húsafell is quite inland for an Icelandic settlement, made possible due to the fertile lands and relative lack of eruptions in the area. In spite of its distance from the coast, fishing has always been popular due to the trout lakes and salmon rivers within it.
A rectory once stood on the farm, gaining it fame as a location across the country when it was in its deepest religious throes, although all that remains now is a church.
Today, Húsafell is most popular and well-known as a camping location. There are many campsites, cabins, bungalows and holiday homes to be rented in the area, making it very popular amongst both locals and travellers. The old farmhouse, dating back to 1904, is also now a hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Hvalfjörður, Iceland
Hvalfjörður (Whale Fjord),only 50 km from Reykjavik, gives an excellent opportunity to enjoy the unique beauty of Icelandic fjords,with its sloops, shores, canyons and waterfalls and its somewhat controversial history of whaling. The area is especially quiet and tranquil with few people around. Glymur, the highest waterfall of Iceland (198 m) is in Hvalfjordur.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A stop will be made where you can purchase lunch
- Jeans are not suitable clothing; water proof jacket and shoes and a warm sweater are recommended.
- During winter months we are working with very limited daylight hours. This may result in some of the sites being visited in dusk or darkness, or skipped altogether. We will do our best to avoid this, but ask for your understanding should this happen.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.