The Skull with the Ears: the Cult of the Dead in the Church of S. Luciella
The cult of the Souls in Purgatory is one of the main faces of the city of Naples. Visiting the Church of Santa Luciella means getting to know the bowels of the city and supporting a social project of great value. The church with its basement is a hidden gem, off the beaten track.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa Museo di Santa Luciella ai Librai
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Visit: Chiesa Museo di Santa Luciella ai Librai, Vico Santa Luciella 5, 80138, Naples Italy
Guided tour of the Church and the underground cemetery. There is kept, among many skulls, the skull with ears that has always been a point of reference for the Neapolitans who came to him to hear their prayers. Having ears made it easier for the skull soul to intermediate to give miracles and favors. The church was reopened by the Breathe Art Association after 30 years of neglect: the idea is to save the monuments by creating jobs for young people.
Departure Point :Chiesa Museo di Santa Luciella ai Librai, Vico Santa Luciella 5, 80138, Naples Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.