The Story of Communism and What Remains
Discover what daily life looked like during communist Yugoslavia and visit the remnants of the system still present today!
This tour reveals the communist story during the time of Yugoslavia, from the end of World War II until the beginning of the Homeland War in 1990s.
Let your senses be absorbed by the realistic portraits of everyday life during the communist regime through interactive displays in the Red History Museum in Dubrovnik. You are encouraged to touch, listen, look and feel, while exploring the exhibit, making this museum a special experience for those into modern history. A short trip outside of the city will take us to the village of Kupari - home to an abandoned complex which used to be a holiday resort for the Yugoslav military elite and their families. Nowadays, it is a standing witness to the destruction of the 1990s Homeland War, when the whole resort was bombarded. A thought provoking and inspirational location providing excellent photo opportunities.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed guide
- Entrance fee to Red History Museum
- Entry/Admission - Red History Museum
What's excluded :
- Eveything not mentioned under "included"
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red History Museum, Ulica Svetog Kriza 3, Dubrovnik 20000 Croatia
Upon meeting with your guide and an introduction about the tour and the communist era, you will have about 1 hour to explore the unique Red History Museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
During the drive to Kupari, we will make a short photo-stop at the panorama.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Kupari, Kupari, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
In Kupari we will visit the former tourist resort, which is home to several abandoned and bullet-showered hotels that are proof of the destruction a war leaves behind.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Petka, Obala Stjepana Radića 38, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.