The Tate Modern London Guided Museum Tour - Private Tour
Modern art lover or not, no traveler’s trip to London is complete without a visit to the iconic Tate Modern. On this 1.5 to 2 hour private guided museum tour, you’ll learn all about the world-famous modern art and performances housed in this refurbished 19th century power plant. There’s no need to be an art expert to fall in love with everything going on inside the Tate Modern – we’ll make sense of it for you.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Guided Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 1.5 - 2 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
What's excluded :
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tate Modern, 53 Bankside, London SE1 9TG England
Your expert guide will guide you through the many galleries and halls housing some of the world’s most famous 19th and 20th century artwork. You’ll be introduced to Mondrian’s famous geometric patterns of color. You’ll learn all about Spanish-born Picasso and Dali, who produced some of their greatest artwork during the Spanish Civil War. Learn about the Impressionists through Monet and the abstract-expressionists through Mark Rothko. Step back into the 1960s when the beloved Andy Warhol created pop art with the faces of Marilyn Monroe and other celebrities. Stand around Duchamp’s “Fountain” and take a long, deep breath before diving into questions about what art is in the first place. Bring an open mind and a bit of curiosity while exploring this truly unique museum that is unlike any other place in London.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Babylon Tours London, 80 Cathcart Road, London SW10 9DJ England
Say “Cheerio” to the dusty, stodgy tours of yesteryear. At Babylon Tours, our London is fresh and engaging – the one that you probably want to experience. Join us on a private or small group tour through the National Gallery and the British Museum or hit the streets through a historic tour of the center and (maybe) catch a glimpse of Kate or the rest of the royal family. Our young, energetic guides at Babylon Tours will introduce you to London in the best way possible, from Big Ben to the street art of its multicultural East End.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Tate Modern, Bankside, London SE1 9TG, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: Tate Modern and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.