The tiny hilltop villages of the Luberon - from Gordes to Lourmarin private tour
Named after the mountain range between Cavaillon & Manosque, the Luberon a Provençal patchwork of hilltop villages, vineyards, ancient abbeys & mile after mile of fragrant lavender fields. A rural region that makes time for the good things in life – especially food & wine. Nearly every village hosts its own weekly market, packed with stalls selling local specialities. Visit Roussillon, Menerbes, Lacoste, village of the Marque de Sade’s 11th century château, impressive public artworks & quaint tiny houses. In 1771 the Marquis fled Paris to escape the scandals created by his erotic writing. The château belongs to Pierre Cardin. Journey on through Bonnieux to Gordes, the ancient beehive-shaped village des Bories passing through the Luberon massif & cliff-lined Combe de Lourmarin into the village of Lourmarin itself. Once a quiet farming town, now its streets are lined with design shops, galleries & boutiques. From walking around town, you can't miss the Renaissance Château de Lourmarin.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop off in different locations incl Avignon, Aix & Marseille including rental villa.
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Time is allowed to stop for lunch, at your leisure, but the cost is not included. We are happy to make recommendations.
- Admission to historic sites
- Entry/Admission - Gordes Castle
- Entry/Admission - Marche Hebdomadaire de Menerbes
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Lacoste
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Lourmarin
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gordes Castle, Place du Chateau, 84220, Gordes France
On arrival at the village of Gordes where we spend a good hour exploring narrow streets in search of antique shops, galleries, cafes & boutiques. Time here for a snack & morning coffee. As we leave visit to the Village des Bories one of the highlights of the day.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Marche Hebdomadaire de Menerbes, Chemin du Portal Parc Rossignol, 84560 Menerbes France
A visit to the village of Menerbes to explore the tiny narrow streets - guided walking tour of the village.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chateau de Lacoste, route de Lacoste, 84480 Lacoste France
Visit to the village with walking tour of the tiny hill top village and around the ancient castle of Lacoste, home to the Marquis de Sade.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chateau de Lourmarin, 2 impasse du Pont du Temple, 84160 Lourmarin France
Visit to the village where you have the option to both visit the village, the markets (when they operate) and a visit to the castle - Château de Lourmarin (entrance not included and time permitting)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
These are all private tours; so we are happy to coordinate with you a collection from another hotel or villa - just contact us when you reserve. We can meet and collect you from other hotels, guest houses, villas & AirBnB apartments in Avignon, Aix & Marseille.Airports
- Marseille Airport, 13727 Marignane France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Cruise ship passengers - not recommended if arriving and departing same day Port of Marseille (due to timings)
- Most travelers can participate
- IMPORTANT Health & Safety: Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity. Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and in particular our hired vehicles and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests. Social Distancing - Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE, if required to do so. The driver of a hired mini-bus will wear a mask as will our driver/guide whilst in the vehicle together. We recommend our guests to do likewise. Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Please see special note regarding our full Health & Safety policy
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.