The Ultimate Whitewater Adventure - Super Small Boats
The super small boats are the ultimate whitewater trip on the Snake River. With paddling action and big waves, this trip boasts Snake River thrills from start to finish. With only six passengers in our smallest boat, you will really feel the whitewater rapids. Grab a paddle and live the adventure. This raft has 6 paddling positions.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD)
- Professional River Guide
- Transportation to and from the river (all departures leave from the Mad River Wedge)
What's excluded :
- Gear Rentals (wet suits $10.00,booties and wet suit are available for rental)Wet suit jackets $5.00
- Gratuities (it is customary to tip your guide, bus driver and chef)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Mad River's Super Small Boats are the ultimate whitewater trip on the Snake River. With paddling action and big waves, this trip boasts Snake River thrills from start to finish. Grab a paddle and live the adventure.
Introducing our newest trip on the Snake River. With 6 passengers in our smallest boat, you will really feel the whitewater rapids. All participants should be able to paddle on this trip. Your guide will rely on the passengers to power the raft so everyone should be physically fit and ready for a challenge. On such a small boat, you can expect to get wet, no matter where you sit.
This trip launches from West Table Boat Ramp in the Snake River Canyon and winds its way south toward Alpine, WY. You'll travel 8 river miles from start to finish. There are about 8 sets of rapids, ranging from class I and II to class III. The smaller boat size on this trip makes for a more adventurous ride.
Your guide will be relying on you to provide power to the raft, so grab a paddle and get ready. Various river features will be encountered, such as Lunchcounter and Big Kahuna rapids, Million Dollar Fishing Hole, Gauging Straights and Bailing Straights. Your experienced Mad River guides are always excited to share the history of the area as well as information about the incredible local flora and fauna.
The Snake River Canyon is rich in geological history and your guide will point out some of the features that make this canyon unique. You may see river otters, osprey and bald eagles on your trip. A lucky few might even catch a glimpse of a mountain goat, a mule deer, an elk or even a grizzly or black bear.
This trip requires check-in 30 minutes prior to launch time. The standard check-in location is at Mad River boathouse. Transportation from the Mad River boathouse to the river and back is provided on every trip.
This trip features our smallest raft. This raft is an AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 13'6" raft. This is a 6 man raft. There are 6 paddling positions in this raft.
Departure Point :1255 US-89, Jackson, WY 83001, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring a change of dry clothes, a towel, and a sweatshirt on the bus with you. It will be waiting for you at the end of your trip.
- Conditions can be variable; you may experience a cold day on the river. (Not to worry, it will still be a lot of fun. You just have to dress appropriately!)
- Gratuities are not included, it is customary to tip your guide, bus driver and chef.
- Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option. You must wear footwear in the raft, so we do have booties available for rent if you do not have footwear. Sizes run 2-15 and can be rented upon arrival for $5.00 per pair.
- Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
- Splash gear is complimentary. On a cold day, you’ll want a bathing suit to wear under the wet suit.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
- Trip pricing includes all taxes and fees.
- We have wet suits & wet suit jackets available for rent. Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets are $5.00 to rent.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.