The UNESCO World Heritage Site of My Son
Said to have shaped the foundation of Central Vietnam’s religion in the former days, UNESCO-protected My Son is a sanctuary for delving deeper into the Champa Kingdom. A short drive from Hoi An, this always is a bucket list favourite for any traveller.
• Gain an insight in the history of the Champa Kingdom;
• Wander through centuries of religious sites at My Son;
• Learn about the importance of the site for Hindus;
• Enjoy the charming, rural scenery surrounding My Son;
• Return transfers are included from your Hoi An booked hotel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Entry/Admission - My Son Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations, otherwise supplementary charges will be applied
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: My Son Sanctuary, Duy Phu Commune, Duy Xuyen District Vietnam
Via a short walk through a forest region, you will see the first red-bricked towers dooming up. My Son was severely damaged during the war years but still enough has been spared (and partially renovated) to keep it under the watchful eye of UNESCO. Various temple ruins are spread over a large field, where sometimes nature has found its way, giving it a unique feeling.
It is said that when you visit My Son, you feel the energy of the Champa Kingdom. The walls are adorned with the sculptures of gods, priests, animals, and scenes of mythical battles and devotion. The complex was designed as a place of worship of Lord Vishnu. At one time the site comprised over 70 temples, tombs, and numerous stele with historically important inscriptions in Sanskrit and Cham.
Our guide will provide you with sufficient time to take pictures of this site before the journey back to your booked hotel / resort ends this half day exploration of the My Son temple ruins. Based on the often extreme heat, avoiding the power of the sun after lunch time and being out in the open, we only operate this tour in the morning.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from only hotels in Hoi An and inside Da Nang City centre, Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in Hoi An and inside Da Nang City centre. Transfers outside these areas such as along Da Nang beaches, harbour area and the Da Nang International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers are advised that during the TET celebrations (celebration of Vietnamese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal. We appreciate your understanding on this.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodation.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions
- This tour is operated only in the morning
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- 1. All Clients should use their own refillable water bottle to avoid regular contacts with multiples single-use plastic bags (this has the additional positive effect of reducing plastic waste in our destination). 2. Everyone reminded to wash or sanitize hands before all snacks, meals.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.