The Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel
One of our bestselling Rome tours, this Vatican Museums tour skips the regular line and goes straight to Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel are a spectacular and daunting task and many prefer to visit these world-renowned museums with the aid of a guide. A must-see: the Vatican Museums, a real treasure trove that holds the most extraordinary works of art in the world.
The Vatican Apostolic Library and the collections of the Vatican Museums are of the highest historical, scientific and cultural importance. In 1984, the Vatican was added by UNESCO to the List of World Heritage Sites: it is the only one to consist of an entire state.
PLEASE NOTE; Strict dress-code at the Vatican is applicable. Shoulders and knees must be covered.No shorts.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Access to the Vatican Museums and Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
VIP No Wait Access allows you to save from 3 to 4 hours during peak season, giving you more time to explore the Museums with your guide. Head to the Vatican Museums and let your guide bring the works of art to life at the Pinecone Courtyard, the Hall of Maps, the Gallery of Tapestries, and the Gallery of Candelabra. You'll learn about the figures responsible for these works and their history along the way
Duration: 1 hour 35 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The Sistine Chapel with its ceiling decorated by Michelangelo and the Stanze della Segnatura decorated by Raphael are on the visitor route through the Vatican Museums. In 2013, they were visited by 5.5 million people, which combined makes it the 5th most visited art museum in the world.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Via Santamaura, 21, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/21/2019 - 1/31/2026
Monday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 03:30 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Vatican City, Viale Vaticano, 97, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.