The Wild Side Of San Gimignano including Wine Tasting
Let's explore the wildest side of San Gimignano! With this hike we will discover the ancient village of Castelvecchio, situated inside a Nature Reserve in the countryside very close to the Manhattan of Middle Ages.
per adult from
What's included :
- Regularly enabled Tourist and Hiking Guide
- Wine tasting paired with local products
- Donation for the association Gruppo Storico Castelvecchio for the archaeological area’s maintenance
What's excluded :
- Transfer service
- Accompanied by your regularly qualified guide you will be immersed in the wild nature, far from the chaos of the town, and we will discover its unique features walking along ancient paths once used by shepherds and woodsmen.
Finally, you will get to the ruins of Castelvecchio, a village built up on a strategic hill in order to defend San Gimignano from its harshest enemy towns during the Middle Ages.
You will walk inside the village's archaeological ruins where you can still recognize the private houses, shops, mills, the Church and the sighting tower from where you will enjoy a boundless landscape!
To end this unforgettable experience, you'll reach a cozy local farm where you'll taste the authentic flavor of the famous white wine made in San Gimignano called Vernaccia and other excellent local products.
• Local products
Departure Point :Riserva Naturale di Castelvecchio, 53037 San Gimignano, Province of Siena, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For private transfer request, please contact us indicating the place of departure, we will provide you with a quote
- For the activity we are going to make an average physical preparation and a good health condition are required (please notify any eventual particular health condition in advance).
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- For any other information, please contact us
- Requirements: Hiking boots or gym shoes (NO sandals or open shoes), comfortable clothing, backpack, water 1l at least, hat.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.