Did you know that Rovaniemi is located in the middle of the impressive wilderness. During this trip we spot day time active wild animals and birds in the forests around Rovaniemi. We search reindeer packs and see a lot of wild taiga forests, lakes and ponds at the Arctic Circle. First you will get the adventure gear like rubber boots and forest jackets and then we travel into the wilderness by a comfortable mini bus.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Snacks mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Safari desk support
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional charge
- We search by car and on foot for reindeer packs in the wildest areas at the Arctic Circle. We take pictures of reindeer and possible baby reindeer. We prepare our lunch, delicious salmon fish, barbequing it by open fire. Mmmmm…
We listen to stories about the reindeers and their annual living rhythm. We also try to spot animals like snow hares and foxes. Using binoculars we try to spot swans, geese, black grouses and wood grouses. Also golden eagles are common there. An easy hiking part is also included. Binoculars are provided. We will be back at the hotel at about 4 P.M.
The large wilderness forests are characteristic of large parts of Lapland nature. Lapland nature is adding to the concept that Lapland is a land of contrasts. We are very proud of the soft, rolling, coniferous hills of Finnish Lapland, and clean and well preserved nature. Also the traditional, living culture is connected to the use of nature.
In Lapland, the four seasons of the year differ greatly from each other. There are various factors affecting the climate, and it is thanks to them that we can enjoy warm and sunny summer days, frosty and beautiful winter days, as well as the uniqueness of the Polar Night and Polar Day, the long periods of continuous night and day.
Summer in Lapland is bright, the time of the nightless night. Night and day the midnight sun stays above the horizon. For instance, going as far north as Utsjoki, the sun stays above the horizon from mid-May to mid-July – altogether two months. Actual hot weather (>25°C) days are few and far between in Lapland, as the average temperature for the whole of Lapland varies between 10 to 16 degrees Celsius. Before Midsummer frost can occur in many places in Lapland, so July and its last weeks are the warmest times of the summer. Early summer also has very little precipitation, as rain only starts to increase around August.
During times with no snow, Lapland offers meaningful experiences in the nightless night, the rugged beauty of the fell highlands and sparkling clear waters. Nature can be experienced many ways for example by trekking and cycling, or traversing the waterways by paddling and fishing.
Welcome to experience the Lappish wilderness in the heart of the nature, by car and on foot!
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.