The World Famous Underground Ghost Tour
Experience the world's most haunted city on a ghost tour of Edinburgh and be spooked by one of the city's most infamous sons as they lead you around the dark side of the Old Town. Discover the hidden wynds (alleys) off the Royal Mile and hear some of Edinburgh’s horrifying secrets.
Then, visit what is regarded as the most haunted graveyard in the world at "Greyfriars Kirkyard." Finally, go deep underground and explore the Edinburgh Vaults beneath the streets. Completed in 1788, the series of chambers were used to house taverns and as storage space for illicit material, including the bodies of people killed by serial killers Burke and Hare for their medical experiments.
Journey through over 400 years of history and hear terrifying true tales of hangings, torture, murders and witchcraft. Shiver at the weird noises and unexplained smells that make an appearance after dark!
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- 75 Minute evening walking tour of Edinburgh’s Old Town and South Bridge vaults.
- Guide plays a real, distinct and infamous character from Scotland’s history.
- Walk through the Old Town’s distinctive closes, wynds and secluded squares.
- Visit the world-famous, eerie, unforgettable Greyfriars Kirkyard.
- Hear terrifying stories of hauntings, murders, executions and cannibalism.
- 6.45pm Evening tour is suitable for families.
- Travel back in time and descend into our section of underground street.
- Entry/Admission - Edinburgh Old Town
What's excluded :
- No under 5s
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
Experience the Old town's wynd's and closes
Visit the most haunted graveyard in Edinburgh
Explore the Edinburgh Vaults beneath the city's streets
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :124 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1QS, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.