The World Famous Underground Ghost Tour
Explore the darker side of Scotland’s capital on this 75 minute early evening walking tour led by one of our enthusiastic guides dressed in period costume. Traverse the narrow, winding closes and eighteenth-century bridges lying just off the stately Royal Mile and discover their gruesome past; take a wander through the historic, but also haunted, Greyfriars Kirkyard and conclude your evening with a trip to our famous underground vaults where your guide will show you through the creepy chambers and share its secrets.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- 75 Minute evening walking tour of Edinburgh’s Old Town and South Bridge vaults.
- Guide plays a real, distinct and infamous character from Scotland’s history.
- Walk through the Old Town’s distinctive closes, wynds and secluded squares.
- Visit the world-famous, eerie, unforgettable Greyfriars Kirkyard.
- Hear terrifying stories of hauntings, murders, executions and cannibalism.
- 6.45pm Evening tour is suitable for families.
- Travel back in time and descend into our section of underground street.
- Entry/Admission - Greyfriars Kirkyard
What's excluded :
- No under 5s
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2PB Scotland
Visit haunted old streets then enter the world's most haunted graveyard.
Pass By: City of Edinburgh Tours, 9 Hunter Square Old Police Box on the Royal Mile, opposite Starbucks next to the Tron Kirk, Edinburgh EH1 1QS Scotland
Meet at old police box
Stop At: Greyfriars Kirkyard, Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh EH1 2QQ Scotland
The world's most haunted graveyard.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :124 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1QS, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.