Thessaloniki City Morning Walking Food Tour
What a better way to discover the unknown spots of the Greek cuisine in the city of Thessaloniki. We learn the history of the local markets and the well-known traditional taverns. At the same time we experience a variety of gastronomic treasures during our walk accompanied by a professional of the Greek cuisine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting experiences
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- Lunch-break at the end of the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Kapani (Vlali) Market, Thessaloniki Greece
Perhaps one of the most authentic experiences any food lover could get in Thessaloniki is visiting the city’s historic open markets. The atmosphere, the people and the local delicacies will reward you!
Modiano is one of the most traditional markets of Thessaloniki. It is located in the heart of the city and it has been part of the Thessalonians’ life for about 80 years.
Its construction started in 1922 and finished in 1930 by architect Eli Modiano.
Coming from a renowned Jewish (Sephardic) family of Thessaloniki, Eli was the son of the banker Jacob (Yako) Modiano. He studied architecture in Paris, France and returned to Thessaloniki where he created some of the city’s most important buildings, including the Modiano Market.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Athonos, Thessaloniki 546 33, Greece
Athonos Square is a vibrant, full of music area right next to Aristotelous Plaza. Restaurants and traditional Greek taverns offer a wide range of delicacies.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Λουλουδάδικα (Γιαχουντί Χαμάμ - Λουτρό των Εβραίων), Vasileos Irakleiou 26, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
It is a well-known and beautiful area in the heart of the city of Thessaloniki. ... The area got its name from the small shops located there and sell flowers! ... The area belongs to the historical center of the city with flower shops, cafes, restaurants, grocery stores, closed markerts ...
Duration: 25 minutes
Departure Point :Le Palace Art Hotel, Tsimiski 12, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Λουλουδάδικα (Γιαχουντί Χαμάμ - Λουτρό των Εβραίων), Vasileos Irakleiou 26, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pickups start based on Hotel from 08.30 hrs.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.