Thessaloniki Half-Day Food and Culture Tour
The “Thessaloniki delightful discovery” tour is packed with experiences and food you’ll love on your first try. We’ll share interesting stories about the Greek culture and customs while you’ll be enjoying many different bites and drinks. You’ll experience the real everyday life and see where the people have fun, eat and spend their free time. The atmosphere of the open market (open Monday to Saturday) and the venues you’ll visit will make you feel like a local! Hint: your visit to the local sweet production will be unforgettable.
per adult from
What's included :
- The 4-hr tour includes drinks and bites equivalent to a Greek breakfast and lunch
- Visit to the open market (open on Monday to Saturday)
- Exclusive privileges from tour tasting locations, including behind the scenes access at some of the venues
- Professionally trained hosts with extensive local food and cultural knowledge and great personalities
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal shopping
- The tour starts at 10am inside the Port of Thessaloniki, across Eleftherias Square (in front of the white mast). Our hosts will take you by the hand on this journey where you will enjoy tasty food and immerse into the richness of local life. Along with delicious bites, throughout the tour you will enjoy stories about Greek culture, customs and traditions.
We’ll show you the thriving food and culture spots of Thessaloniki that reflect the pulse of Greek people’s hearts – bustling, warm and full of life! We’ll take you to the places with plenty of locals eating and drinking the well-known Greek appetizers and specialties! At these flavorful venues you’ll taste and experience the real daily life of Thessalonians. You’ll further try some of the best local flavors with a modern take on Greek cuisine and we’ll for sure satisfy your sweet tooth (you will even make some sweets yourself!). The interesting stories blended with the visit to the local market (open on Monday to Saturday) will definitely make your day!
We are sure that this experience will be the best souvenir you will take home with you!
Departure Point :Meeting point: Inside the Port of Thessaloniki, across Eleftherias Square (in front of the white mast).
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :The tour does not finish at the starting point. Detailed return directions are provided.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual host
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The total tour length is approximate; please allow for a grace period
- Tours do not finish at the starting point. Detailed return directions are provided
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended as on average 2.8km are covered per tour
- We are child friendly! Children under 5, who will not consume at the tasting locations, do not require a separate ticket
- We are child friendly! Children from 5 to 12 years old pay half price tickets.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Epiculiar