Thorsmork Adventure - 2 days
"Þórsmörk has a spot in each Icelanders heart. There's just nothing like it..."
Þórsmörk is an incredibly beautiful nature reserve, situated in the heart of South Iceland nestled among the glaciers Eyjafjallajökull, Mýrdalsjökull and Tindfjallajökull.
On our hike we take in the astonishing view over Þórsmörk, Mýrdalsjökull glacier and the highlands. We will also hike up to Gígjökull glacier where we observe the effects of the 2010 Eyjafjallajökull eruption and breath in the purifying glacial air.
Þórsmörk is a spectacular place to visit, it has it's own kind of feel to it. It is Icelandic nature to the core.
per adult from
What's included :
- Overnight accommodation
- Breakfast (except on Day 1)
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Buffet dinner (except on Day 2)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Day 1: Pick up at your accommodation –> Þórsmörk
We depart from your accommodation in the morning and head east toward Þórsmörk. As we drive road F249 into Þórsmörk we'll see the effects of the 2010 eruption in Eyjafjallajökull. The best example is our stop at Gígjökull glacier, there is where we can see the true power of nature. On the 14. of April, approximately the equivalent size of the Mississippi river came pouring down the slopes and carved out the landscape.
After our stop a Gígjökull we head on deeper into Thorsmork valley. With a stop at Steinholt, we will find our best option for a short hike in the powerful landscape. From there we head on to Húsadalur where we will spend the night. There a BBQ dinner and serenity awaits us!
Day 2: Þórsmörk –> Your accommodation
On the second day we explore Þórsmörk even better! After a decent breakfast, we go for a drive and hikes in the beautiful nature. Since the 1918 eruption of Katla, Þórsmörk was designated as a Natural Mountain Reserve and because of that parts of the valley have become rich with moss, fern, and Birchwood.
After our exploration, we start to head on back towards civilization, making some stops at Seljalandsfoss waterfall and the black sand beaches before going back to your accommodation.
Departure Point :Your Hotel
Departure Time :Departure on Request
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.