Thorsmork and Eyjafjallajökull by Super Jeep
Enjoy an exciting Super Jeep drive up the infamous glacier; Eyjafjallajökull! We closely observe the volcanic glacier and enjoy breathtaking view over the south coast of Iceland.
When down from the glacier we continue our journey crossing various glacial rivers into Þórsmörk valley. Þórsmörk offers some of Iceland's best hiking trails with it's beautiful landscape and mighty mountain ridges. We drive deep into Þórsmörk, stopping at various opportunities to snap photos, enjoy a short hike or just to appreciate the grand view.
Explore the wonders of Eyjafjallajökull from above and below and experience Icelandic nature up close, in one of Iceland's most exquisite valley. If you're looking for a combination of snow and preserved Icelandic nature, then this is the perfect tour for you!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This tour will begin at 10am from our base at Gljúfrabúi, Road 249, just 500m from Seljalandsfoss Waterfall.
We also offer the option of being picked up from your accommodation in postcodes 850 / 851 / 860 / 861. We will return you back to your hotel/accommodation after a fantastic day of adventure.Please contact us if you wish to arrange this.
Tour Highlights include:
• Eyjafjallajökull Glacier
• View over Westman Islands
• Thorsmork Valley
• Gigjökull Glacial Outlet Tongue
• Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
What to bring:
As we will be spending some time in the unpredictable Icelandic weather, it is important to be prepared. We recommend warm outdoor clothing including:
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Warm head wear, for example, woolen hat/balaclava
• Appropriate hiking boots/shoes are required
Departure Point :Gljúfrabúi, by road 249.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Small group sizes, personal guidance.
- Operates in all weathers, please dress appropriately.
- Comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots are recommended.
- We recommend bringing hiking boots, rain jacket/pants and warm clothing in general.
- Infant/child seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.