Three Historic Museums in Delhi with Lunch
You will learn about India’s rich history with a visit to three unique museums on this tour in New Delhi: The National Museum, the Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum and the National Gandhi Museum. The National Museum has art objects of historical, cultural and artistic significance. The Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum is a tribute to the first female prime minister of India. The museum is housed in her former residence where she was assassinated in 1984. The National Gandhi Museum has a rich collection of memorabilia about Mahatma Gandhi and the Indian Freedom Struggle. A lunch at local restaurant is included after the museum visits.
• National Museum
• Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum
• National Gandhi Museum
• Lunch at a local restaurant
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air conditioned Vehicle
- Pick up and Drop off at hotel within Delhi city center.
- English Speaking Local Guide
- Lunch at Local Restaurant. (Beverage Excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - National Museum
- Entry/Admission - Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum
- Entry/Admission - National Gandhi Museum
What's excluded :
- Any Other Food, drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Museum, Janpath, New Delhi 110011 India
You will be picked up at 10:00 AM from your hotel in New Delhi city center in an air conditioned vehicle and be driven to your first stop on this unique museum tour. There you will meet your local English speaking guide.
The National Museum is one of the largest museums in India. Established in 1949, its collections range from the prehistoric era to modern works of art. The museum has over 200,000 works of art, both of Indian and foreign origins, covering over five thousands years of Indian cultural heritage. The roots of the National Museum began with an exhibition of Indian art and artifacts at the Royal Academy in London in 1947. At the end of the London exhibition, the curators decided to display the same collection in India. It was so successful that they decided to form a permanent National Museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum, Safdarjung Road, New Delhi 110011 India
After finishing your tour, you will be driven to the Indira Gandhi Memorial. This historic Memorial Museum is built as a tribute to the memory of a Great lady, leader and states person. The museum is housed in her former residence. Indira Gandhi was the daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru, first Prime Minister of Independent India. She was the first female Prime Minister and known as the Iron Lady of India. By visiting this museum, you can get a fascinating insight into the Indian independence movement during her time. On Wednesday, October 31, 1984, Indira Gandhi was gunned down by her own bodyguards. Displays include the saree which she wore at the time of assassination as well as a crystal plaque which has preserved the brown spots of Indira Gandhi's blood.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: National Gandhi Museum, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, New Delhi 110002 India
Our last visit will be to the National Gandhi Museum. Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated on the evening of January 30, 1948. Shortly after his death, collectors started searching for and preserving the personal relics, manuscripts, books, journals and documents, photographic and audio-visual material, all that could go into a Museum on the life, philosophy and work of Gandhi. In 1951, the museum was set up in Delhi. The imposing two story building was formally inaugurated by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the President of India, on January 30, 1961. The National Gandhi Museum has rich exhibits and other memorabilia closely connected with Mahatma Gandhi and the Indian Freedom Struggle.
Lunch is included at a local restaurant. After finishing your lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel in New Delhi in your air conditioned vehicle.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All Museums in India are Closed on Mondays and Public Holidays.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable shoes
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.