Tierra del Fuego and Beagle Channel Full-Day Tour from Ushuaia
Enjoy a full-day guided tour that will take you from Ushuaia city to the impressive landscapes of the famous Tierra del Fuego National Park and to the Beagle Channel wildlife spots. In this approximately 8-10 hours tour you will see different species of vegetation, forest trees, lakes and will be amazed by the birds and sea lions in their splendid habitat by observing them from a boat. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off from the city centre.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to National Parks (at most $30) and port taxes (USD 4)
- Train excursion in the National Park (optional)
- The tour starts around 8.30am with the traveler's pickup from their hotel or from the Ushuaia pier.
Then it will follow to the Tierra del Fuego National Park located just 12 km away from the city of Ushuaia. At the park, with an extension of 63.000 hectares, it is possible to take the "Train of the End of The World" (optional and at your expense).
Once there you will see the pretty characteristic species of vegetation from the local forest: bushes, beech trees, "ñires", Indio’s beard and flowers. During the trip, there are different stops to enjoy the panoramic views and to take pictures. After that, travelers will go to Verde Lake and then to Lapataia Bay, where is possible to observe beaver dams and peatlands. On the way back, there is another stop on La Roca. Free time for your activities until 2:30pm.
In the afternoon the navigation experience to the Beagle Channel starts from Ushuaia Pier. The ship will stop on the “Los Pajaros” island, where you will see the local wildlife, particularly Skuas, Black-browed Albatross, Steam Ducks, Cauquenes, Gaviotas Cooks Gaviotas and Gray Gaviotas.
After getting to “De Los Lobos” island, the main attractions are going to be the sea lions of 1 and 2 hairs. Those islands are part of the Bridges archipelago. Then travelers will reach the “Les Eclaireirs” Island, to see the lighthouse, the Royal, and Imperial Cormorants, and learn the story of the SS Monte Cervantes´s shipwreck, many years ago on the 30´s.
On Karelo Island, you will have the option to walk around. There it is possible to see Yámanas´s shell middens and also the flora and avifauna of the place. The walk takes about 30 minutes and during the winter depends on the amount of snow. Finally, on your return to Ushuaia, you are going to be amazed by the incredible landscape of the Martial´s Mountain.
8.00 am Pick up from the pier or hotel in Ushuaia city centre
8.30 am National Park visit with Lago Roca and Latapaia Bay
1.30pm Return to Ushuaia. Free time
3pm Beagle Channel Navigation to enjoy Bird´s Island, Sea Lion´s Island and Les Eclareir´s Lighthouse
6pm Return to the hotel or pier
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pickup time will be arranged the day before of the tour.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.