Tierra Madre Eco Lodge - Rainforest hike and organic farm tour
You are dreaming about a real hike off the beaten tracks in a region forgotten from the traditional tourism circuits, and want to discover the rainforest as the locals know it? You want to enjoy breathtaking views at Lake Nicaragua without having to bother crossing the border, and visit a hidden paradise at the very end of the last road? You want to know more about organic food forests and tropical vegetable gardens?
Do not wait any longer, this adventure has been designed for you!
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bilingual Naturalist Guide
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Tierra Madre Eco Lodge
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tierra Madre Eco Lodge, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
The expedition begins at 8:30 am at our meeting point, 40km North of Liberia, where you can safely park your vehicle. We will then board our 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser towards the “Corredor Fronterizo”, a natural reserve stretching along the whole Northern border.
We will drive by the Guanacaste National Park, allowing us to enjoy the summits of the Orosi and Cacao volcanoes as well as orange -and lumber- plantations before reaching the corridor. Duly equipped with rubber boots, we will then enter the forest, lush and rather humid by Guanacaste standards.
Our hike will take us to the feet of a hill, between pastures and forest, banana plantation and sugar cane, and turn to dense rainforest as we climb up. We will discover the many edible and medicinal plants and trees dotting the forest, learn more about reforestation in tropical climate and take our chance to spot birds and monkey on our way.
This walk through 32 hectares of protected rainforest will lead us to Tierra Madre Eco Lodge, a hidden paradise displaying a magnificent panorama on lake Nicaragua (3200sq miles) and the two volcanoes of Ometepe island. There, we will be able to relax, enjoy the view and a delicious lunch of fresh and organic produces harvested on site.
We will then have the chance to visit their edible garden, discover numerous tropical plants and get to know more about permaculture and « lazy agriculture » as possible answers to the future challenges facing our food production system.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Carretera Interamericana, Carr Interamericana, Provincia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
The meeting point is located 45km north of Liberia on the road number 1, right after the crossroad going towards Cuajiniquil.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.