Tijuana Craft Beer + Street Tacos Tour - Private Tour
Craft beer nerds in-the-know are proclaiming Tijuana the capital of Mexican craft brewing. And since only a few of these innovative craft beers have crossed North, you'll need to dust off your passport to join our curated and guided tour of Latin America's fastest growing craft beer movement.
Balancing your intake of Mexico's high-octane craft beer, we'll introduce you to some of the most famous street-style taco stands in Tijuana. From classic carne asada, to Guadalajaran-style "birria", to the hand-carved "al pastor" pork taco, and perhaps a crispy fish taco for good measure, we'll stave off your hunger pains with the best-of-the-best street tacos in Tijuana.
Craft beer and tacos on one tour? What more are you waiting for?!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages - Full-flight craft beer tastings at four of Tijuana’s best brewery/tap-rooms are included. A "welcome to Mexico" premium Mezcal or Tequila will be served at your first stop.
- Bottled water - We'll keep you well hydrated while on tour with complementary bottled water service in the tour vehicle.
- Lunch - You'll eat street-style tacos, tortas, and tamales until you're stuffed! Note that this tour is NOT well suited for vegetarians or vegans.
- WiFi on board
- Fuel, road tolls, and parking fees are included with your tour fee.
- Entry/Admission - U.S. Customs and Border Protection – San Ysidro Port of Entry (PedWest)
- Entry/Admission - Mercado Hildago
- Entry/Admission - Avenida Revolucion
- Entry/Admission - PedWest Garita Tijuana
What's excluded :
- EIGHT (8) HOURS ARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR TOUR FEE - after eight hours, additional fees will apply.
- OVERTIME FEES: $95/hour will be charged for every hour over eight (8) rounded up the nearest ½ hour.
- OVERTIME POLICY: It your sole responsibility to manage your tour time; overtime charges apply.
- Your total tour time is calculated from your scheduled meeting time to your actual drop-off time.
- ADDITIONAL DEPOSIT REQUIRED: in addition to you tour fees, a $500 refundable deposit is required.
- $500 deposit will cover any time overage and/or vehicle damage, excess wear, and/or excess cleaning.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: U.S. Customs and Border Protection – San Ysidro Port of Entry (PedWest), 499 Virginia Ave, San Diego, CA 92173, USA
Meet your bilingual culinary guide and driver at the designated meeting point on the U.S. side of the US-Mexico border in San Ysidro, California (the San Diego to Tijuana border crossing). Your guide will walk the group across the border, through Mexican Immigration and Customs, to our tour vehicle awaiting on the Mexico side. It's an easy drive to the meeting point, or take public transportation (San Diego Trolley), taxi, or Uber. After crossing the border, we'll drive about 15-minutes to our first stop.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mercado Hildago, Blvd Taboada & Av Independencia, Tijuana Mexico
Visit Tijuana's famous open-air market for a guided tour of the market and some of the best taco, torta, and tamale stands in Mexico! Enjoy a "welcome to Mexico" Mezcal or Tequila upon arrival to the market, and then get your belly ready for an afternoon of beer drinking by eating tamales, "birria" tacos, carnitas tortas, carne asada tacos, and fish or shrimp tacos until you are stuffed (we call this “laying down your base” for an afternoon of beer drinking).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Avenida Revolucion, Tijuana Mexico
Visit four craft breweries that are hidden away from the normal tourist hustle and bustle that is Avenida Revolución, Tijuana's famed "zona centro" tourist district; take in vibrant street art located along one of Tijuana's back-alley "pasajes."
Drink a 4-beer taster flight at each of the four microbreweries visited (note that taster pours are a generous 3-5 ounces each).
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: PedWest Garita Tijuana, Zona Río, 22010 Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Tummy full, and pleasantly buzzed, sit back and enjoy the colorful drive back to the U.S. border inspection station in Tijuana, Mexico (your guide will drop you off at the entry gate to the pedestrian border crossing where you will cross back to the U.S. on your own via foot) – END OF TOUR. After clearing U.S. immigration and customs, hail Uber or taxi, take Trolley, or walk back to your car parked in San Ysidro, CA (actual arrival time in San Ysidro is highly dependent on actual border wait time, which varies - BTK has no ability to affect actual border wait time, but participants with a valid U.S. Passport usually cross in about 10-15 minutes).
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, 4463 Camino De La Plaza #111, San Diego, CA 92173, USA
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Everyone in your group must be at least 18-years old to participate. The minimum age to drink alcoholic beverages in Mexico is 18 years old.
- Participants must be sober at the inception of the tour. If the trip director deems that a participant is under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs at the inception of the tour (in his/her sole yet reasonable judgement), that participant will be dismissed and will not be allowed to participate in the tour. There will be no refunds, credits, or rescheduling allowances for dismissal due to insobriety at the inception of a tour/workshop.
- Your payment for this experience constitutes your full acceptance of the Terms, Conditions, and Tour Policies found on the Baja Test Kitchen website.
- Everyone in your group must agree to and sign the Baja Test Kitchen Participation Agreement (release of liability) at least 24-hours prior to departure.
- All participants must have and cary a valid passport, and if necessary for travel to Mexico and the United States, a valid multiple-entry Visa or Resident Card. U.S. Passport holders do not require an Entry Visa for travel to Mexico.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.