Tijuca National Park and Botanic Garden Guided Tour & Transfer
Explore one of the largest urban forests in the world with a tour to the Tijuca National Park.
Meet the tour guide at your hotel lobby and head to the Tijuca Forest. The area is home to different small species of animals, such as squirrels, monkeys, porcupines, foxes and armadillos. Plus, a million different butterflies, birds, and reptiles. Just remember that they are wild animals, so you must keep your distance and never feed them. Enjoy the tropical rainforest and learn about its rich biodiversity. On the way, admire the Vista Chinesa belvedere, the Taunay waterfall and the Mayrink Chapel. Take a pause to see from a distance the monolithic Pedra da Gávea and the Christ the Redeemer statue.
As a bonus, we add the Botanic Garden in this tour for you. Explore the collection of more than 7,000 species of tropical plants, bromeliads, orchids and native Brazilian plants in the Botanic Garden.
Tour guide, roundtrip transfer, entrance to Tijuca National Park included.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Free entrance to Tijuca National Park
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Botanic Garden (prices may vary from 15 BRL to 60 BRL)
- Entry/Admission - Botanical Garden
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
Located in the middle of the Rio de Janeiro city, the park was created in 1861 by decree of the Emperor D. Pedro II to reforest an area once destroyed by sugarcane and coffee plantations.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vista Chinesa, Estrada Dona Castorina Parque Nacional Da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-320 Brazil
Have a beautiful overlook of Rio de Janeiro's southern side from the Vista Chinesa.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Cascatinha Taunay, Estrada Floresta da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-510 Brazil
Pass the Taunay waterfall, which tumbles over rugged rock and faces into a calm pool below.
Pass By: Capela Mayrink, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
Stop by the nearby Mayrink Chapel built in 1860 and known for its pink facade.
Stop At: Botanical Garden, Rua Jardim Botanico 1008 Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-000 Brazil
The Botanic Garden was founded in 1808 by D. Joao VI for introducing and acclimatizing economically beneficial plants brought from other tropical regions outside of Brazil.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from most hotels in the areas of Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Flamengo and Downtown (Centro). Contact us back to adjust the pickup time.For Barra da Tijuca/ Recreio we provide pick-up for an additional 10 USD per person that must be paid directly to the tour guide on the day of the tour.Ports
- PIER MAUÁ
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended for this tour.
- Do not touch or feed the animals.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers per Minivan.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Minimum of 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.