Tikal Private Day Tour from Flores with transportation
Private day tour of Tikal National Park with round-trip transportation from the airport and hotels in Flores. You can expect to learn about Mayan and Guatemalan history and culture, archaeology, and the region's flora and fauna.
What sets our tours apart from others is our dedication and love for our work and our empathetic approach towards guests. We strive to ensure that our tours exceed your expectations in every way, but especially in terms of experience and value.
Tikal VIP Tours is aptly named for the importance of our clients—we strive to provide a VIP experience for everyone and hope that your time in Guatemala will be an experience of a lifetime. Because of his passion for guiding, Elmer Alvarado has become one of the “Most Recommended” guides certified by the Guatemalan Tourism Institute (INGUAT) since 2011.
“I am living my dream,” says guide and founder, Elmer Omar Alvarado. “If you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life and you will always be happy.”
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Tikal
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Selva Tropical 100 Flores, Departamento de El Petén, Tikal National Park 17013 Guatemala
Tikal National Park is the most excavated (Mayan?) archaeological site in Central America and one of the most excavated (archaeological) sites in the world. It covers some 57,600 hectares of wetlands and forests and encompasses architectural remains of the Mayan civilization dating from 600 BC to 900 AD. Tikal is the only natural and cultural UNESCO World Heritage site in Central America and one of few in the world with both designations. As such, Tikal is considered one of the top 20 tourist sites in the world and a must-see during your visit to Guatemala.
7:00 or 7:30 a.m. – We’ll meet you and pick you up at the airport or at your hotel in Flores or El Remate, etc.
8.30 a.m. – Arrive at Tikal National Park and begin our walk through the park visiting the most impressive sites.
1:30 p.m. – Tour ends at the parking lot and we’ll head out to eat lunch at a restaurant near the park.
2:30 p.m. - Lunch ends and we drive to Flores to have a walk by yourself.
5:00 p.m. – Arrive back in Flores to drop you at the airport or your hotel.
ADMISSIONS & TICKETS
You will have to buy your entrance tickets ahead of time using your government-issued ID (Guatemalans) or passport (foreigners).
You will need to purchase a general admission entrance ticket, valid from 6: 00 a.m.-6:00p.m. (Q.25 for locals and Q.150 for foreigners per person). Kids under 10 years old are free.
Museum tickets are sold separately and must be purchased in advance (Q.30 per person). Tickets are valid for both museums.
Tickets are sold at any Banrural Bank and at the main entrance of the park. The Banrural Bank (in Santa Elena ) is opened from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. in the supermarkets. The park is open from 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
We can also buy tickets for you ahead of time and then you can pay us back when meeting.
Only cash in the local currency is accepted for entrance tickets (no debit or credit cards).
There is no ATM in Tikal, so please withdraw enough cash in Flores.
If arriving at the airport, we will have a sign with your name after you come through baggage claim and exit the airport.
THINGS TO BRING
• Water and water bottle
• Hiking or tennis shoes
• Rain jacket
• Outdoor clothing
• Bug spray
• Personal medications
• English/Spanish tour guide
• We can take photographs of you or your group
• Round-trip transportation with A/C from the Belize border
• Park entrance tickets
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Linea Dorada, Flores, Guatemala
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any hotel in Flores Island, Santa Elena hotels, Tikal Hotels, El Remate Hotels, San Miguel peninsula, San Andrés, las Lagunas boutique hotel, la lancha etc.. Airports
- Santa Elena Airport, Flores Guatemala
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/30/2019 - 1/9/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 04:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.