Time Travel: Catacomb Walk in Sofia with a Local
This Experience is provided by a private local.
Did you know that there are Christian tombs dating back to the 3rd and the 4th century under St. Sophia church? Prepare for a loaded experience as we explore the remains of an early Christian necropolis and stroll through a labyrinth of sarcophagi!
Feel like the protagonist of a mystery novel as we tour the underground and explore the tomb pits, stone tombs, stone sarcophagi, the typical late antiquity masonry tombs with semi-cylindrical vaults, as well as the separate Honorius Tomb, I will tell you many thrilling stories from the history of the ancient church of St. Sophia throughout the centuries.
Come rain or shine, this is a great experience for all the brave explorers at any time of the year!
per adult from
What's included :
- A Local that wants to show you his city!
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses during the Experience
- Food, drinks or snacks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St. Sophia Church, ul. "Paris" 2, 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Discover the secrets of the amazing necropolis under St. Sophia’s church!
Departure Point :Monument of Tsar Samuil, ul. "Oborishte" 4, 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Return Detail :St. Sophia Church, ul. "Paris" 2, 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.