Tirana and Durres tour from Ohrid
Cross the border from Macedonia for a chance to explore Albania on this private tour. Depart from Ohrid and head towards Tirana, Albania’s capital, to visit the National Archeological Museum, the Communist Enver Hoxha Museum, and the Et’hem Bej Mosque. Then, head to the Albanian coast to explore the amphitheater and archeological museum of Durres before heading back to Macedonia.
per adult from
12 to 13 hours
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off from your hotel or any other preferred location in Ohrid;
- All transfers with comfortable A/C car or minivan;
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide/driver.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - National Archaeological Museum
- Entry/Admission - Et`hem Bey Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Durres Amphitheatre
- Entry/Admission - Durres Archaeological Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Archaeological Museum, Sheshi Nene Tereza, Tirana 1001 Albania
The Museum houses exhibit from Prehistoric and Classical times up to the Middle Ages and Modern period. More than 2000 items are displayed and these items range from ancient jewelry to Roman statues, to vast clay pots covered in shellfish that have been found during the many archaeological field trips the museum is involved in. It is also responsible for conducting many archaeological expeditions in the country and is the parent institution of several other museums in the country including the Durrës Archaeological Museum.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Enver Hoxha Pyramid, Boulevard Deshmoret e Kombit, Tirana Albania
The structure opened as the Enver Hoxha Museum, originally serving as a museum about the legacy of Enver Hoxha, the long-time leader of Communist Albania, who had died three years earlier. After 1991, following the collapse of Communism, the Pyramid ceased its function as a museum and for several years was repurposed as a conference center and exhibition venue, as well as being rebranded with its current name. There are many rumors for the pyramid to be repurposed or maybe even torn down, to replace it with a national assembly.
Stop At: Et`hem Bey Mosque, Sheshi Skenderbej, Tirana 1001 Albania
A unique mosque situated in the very heart of Tirana. Et’hem Bey Mosque was founded at the end of the 18th century by Mulla Bey. The mosque was one of the few to be spared the destruction during which churches, mosques, tekkes, monasteries, and other religious institutions were either closed or pulled down, or converted into warehouses, gymnasiums or workshops by the end of 1967.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Durres Amphitheatre, Rruga Kalase, Durres Albania
Its construction began under the emperor Trajan in the 2nd century AD and it was destroyed twice by earthquakes in the 6th and 10th centuries. It is the largest amphitheater ever built in the Balkan Peninsula with once having a capacity of 20,000 people.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Durres Archaeological Museum, Rruga Taulantia, Durres Albania
It is the largest archaeological museum in the country. The museum is located near the beach and north of the museum are the 6th-century Byzantine walls, constructed after the Visigoth invasion of 481.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :St Clement of Ohrid 96, Ohrid 6000, North Macedonia
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your hotel or any other location of your preference in Ohrid
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- In this tour we are crossing the border to Albania. You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Operating in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are constantly following the WHO recommendations and guidelines and are implementing all the necessary precautions for ensuring the health and safety for our travelers and our staff, as well as all the people involved in the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.