Tiruchirappalli Sightseeing Tour
The spectacular temple complex of Ranganathaswamy, set on the island of Srirangam covering some 2½ sq kms, making it the largest complex in India. It consists of 21 gopurams with huge ornately decorated and carved in the towers. Jambukeswarar Temple was built by one of the Early Chola Emperor Kocengannan(Kochenga Chola) in around 1,800 years ago.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Special Darshan Fees (wherever it's necessary)
- Entry/Admission - Rock Fort Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Srirangam 7 km north of Tiruchy, Tiruchirappalli 620006 India
The Spectacular Srirangam Ranganatha Swamy temple, established in a 156 acre land, is a great vaishnavite Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. This temple is the first in among out of the 108 Divya Desams. The enclosures are guarded by thick and huge rampart walls. There are 21 magnificent and huge towers. Apart from 13 tired Rajagopuram (completed in 1987) all the Gopurams are said to have been built between 14th and 17th centuries and it is the World's largest functioning Hindu temple. (open time: 06:00 am to 21:00 pm) (no darshan between 7 am to 9 am, 12 noon to 13 pm, 18 pm to 19 pm)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jambukeswarar Temple, Tiruchirappalli India
Sri Jambukeshwara Temple Thiruvanaikkaval one of the Pancha Bhootha Sthalam (five elements of nature) representing water. The Siva Lingam in the Sanctum Sanctorum is reported to be submerged in the water that flows from a subterranean spring into the Sanctum Sanctorum. Because an Elephant once worshiped Lord Siva under the holy Jambu Tree, the God gets the name Jambukeswarar. Elaborate Sri Jambukeshwara Temple Thiruvanaikkaval one of the Pancha Bhootha Sthalam (five elements of nature) representing water. The Siva Lingam in the Sanctum Sanctorum is reported to be submerged in the water that flows from a subterranean spring into the Sanctum Sanctorum. Because an Elephant once worshiped Lord Siva under the holy Jambu Tree, the God gets the name Jambukeswarar.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rock Fort Temple, Rock Hills, Tiruchirappalli India
A historic fortification and temple complex built on 83 metres high an ancient rock, There are two Hindu temples inside, the Ucchi Pillayar Temple, Rockfort and the Thayumanaswami Temple.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
At your pickup time, you're requested to please ask your hotel concierge / bell desk to call the driver from car parking area to portico (entrance).Airports
- Civil Airport, Tiruchirappalli India
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Shoes must be removed at places of worship, Dress code is smart casual (Please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended)
- Most travelers can participate
- Important notice about Tour Guide: All place of worship and museums has basic standard of "keep silence", so there is no possibility to give any commentary on that place, All possible information and assistance will be provided (if you have asked for it in advance), Tour operator (Uvamai Niche Tourism) never ever arrange tour guides for their tours
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.