Tlaquepaque and Tonala Day Trip from Guadalajara
Visit two lovely colonial villages, Tonala & Tlaquepaque, on a half-day sightseeing tour from nearby Guadalajara. In these charming artisan towns best known for their production of Mexico’s handcrafted goods, you’ll see artisans at work on glass blowing, pottery, jewelry, handmade soap, wood furniture and much more! Visit the markets, workshops, and factories as you walk along cobblestone streets and listen to local mariachis play in the plaza.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tonala, Tonala, Guadalajara Metropolitan Area
After your professional guide picks you up at your hotel, you’ll drive by air-conditioned minivan to the colonial village of Tonalá.
On certain days of the week, a large market takes over the main streets of Tonala and people from all over the area come to shop for locally made arts and crafts. Your guide will give you a brief explanation of the region’s history before taking your small group to visit a few of the local workshops and factories. You’ll find a wide variety of ceramics, hand-blown glass, wood figurines, wrought iron, jewelry, and furniture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tlaquepaque, Tlaquepaque, Guadalajara Metropolitan Area
Continue visiting Tlaquepaque, this small town is best known for its handcrafted goods, such as ceramics, woodcarvings, and leatherwork. Stroll down the narrow cobblestone streets to find beautiful Mexican crafts inside shops that were once magnificent colonial mansions.
You’ll have the opportunity to watch local artisans at work as you visit arts and craft factories with your guide. See a local mariachi band play and enjoy some free time, including a chance to purchase a traditional lunch (own expense)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Plaza Turquesa del Sol, Av Mariano Otero 1917, Victoria, 45089 Zapopan, Jal., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour departs from most Guadalajara hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.