Tokyo Countryside Tours Temple Stay
So near to Tokyo but it feels like another world. Come to the old Japan. The Japan that hasn't changed for thousands of years. Tour through the rice paddies and into the thick green, moss covered mountains beyond. Explore the ancients temples, dine on the iwana fish and stay with friendly Zen Buddhist monks, deep in the mountains. Enjoy delicious temple food and open your mind to the practice of Zen meditation. You will leave Japan refreshed. Memories of the true beauty of rural Japan.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Kuroyama Santaki Trout Fishing
Day 1: Ogose Saitama.
Stop At: Kuroyama Santaki Trout Fishing, 1445-2 Kuroyama, Ogose-machi, Iruma-gun 350-0424 Saitama Prefecture
We stop at Ryuonji temple, the Dragon Taming Temple,Ogose. We walk the temple grounds. Here the monk has telepathy with the carp in his lake. After Ryuonji Temple we move to Kuroyama San Taki Waterfall. A beautiful walk through the forest to the waterfall. We can order salted iwana fish on our way to the waterfall. It will be cooked for us on our return.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ne-no-gongen, 461 Minami, Hanno, Saitama 357-0214, Japan
We eat lunch in the mountains and head for Take Dera or the bamboo temple, the temple is for the Buddhist King Gozu, who has the head of a cow and the body of a human. He is the disciple of the great Buddhist King Emma Daiou. We then move to Nenogongen temple, the temple for sandals. A pilgrimage for hikers in the area to pray for healthy feet and healthy backs.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hanno, Hanno, Saitama Prefecture, Kanto
We move on to the Zen Buddhist temple in Hanno, deep in the mountains. You will stay with the monks here. Learn Buddhist prayer and eat a monk dinner and breakfast . I will pickup at 09:00 am the next morning.
Duration: 9 hours
Accommodation included: An overnight stay at a traditional Zen Buddhist temple with Zen Buddhist monks. Dinner and Breakfast and stay ¥9000
Day 2: Hanno and Kawagoe
Stop At: Koma Shrine, 833 Niihori, Hidaka 350-1243 Saitama Prefecture
Koma Shrine, Hidaka, Japan
we pickup at the temple at 09:00 and head for an old temple with the graves of the Korean kings of the Gokuryeo kingdom of Korea, 1200 years ago. We then tour the adjacent shrine, Koma Jinja.
3 hours , Admission is free
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kawagoe, Kawagoe, Saitama Prefecture, Kanto
We finish the day at Kawagoe. Kawagoe is the old town of Tokyo. Many of the buildings are hundreds of years old. The main shopping street has the feeling of the old Edo /Tokyo before Japan opened the country. The place is an experience of the old Japan.
Duration: 3 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup customers everyday from Sakado Station on the Tobu Tojo line, 46 minutes from Ikebukuro station, at 10:00 am. On day one we tour the countryside and drop you off at a Zen Buddhist temple in the mountains.Temple stay is an additional ¥9000 to the temple. I pick you up at 09:00 am at the Zen Buddhist temple and we continue to tour the countryside . We finish the tour at the old Edo/Tokyo Kawagoe and walk through the shops hundreds of years old.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.